So cloth wearers can't use as many gems

Thanks to the AMAZING domination shard system we have in place, cloth users are effectively down 2 gems versus leather wearers and 1 vs mail and plate.

You can put a gem socket on: Helm, bracers, belt, neck and rings
The first three are all domination shard gear for cloth

Just… why? It is not a HUGE deal, but is so bizarre and random.
Why can’t we put in gems in domination shard gear alongside said shards?
I just finished getting to rank 6 of the Archivist codex and I was excited to be able to use gems to counteract the horrible secondary stats I am forced to have because of the shard of domination gear, only to find myself being unable to do so. Finding out that my armor type is for some unfathomable reason the most penalized just adds insult to injury.

1 Like

You could on ptr so I assume this is an oversight on their part and will be added at a later date.

After prog, when it won’t matter.

At the end of the day it doesn’t “really” matter. It’s just another thing in an already long list of things wrong with itemization and acquisition in Sanctum of Domination.

It’s not that it needs to be fixed, it’s why did it even go live like this?

What annoys me more than the lack of gem slots is how terrible, and yet mandatory, most of the dom socket gear is.

I think one of the pieces is crit/haste, but all the rest are heavy with mastery… which as a frost mage is just garbage, I want as close to 0 mastery as possible. But since I’ll have at minimum 4 pieces with alot of it my secondary optimization is going to be trash. Why wouldn’t there be a few options with different stats for each slot with dom sockets so we can, ya know, actually build our characters how we want?

Why are 4 of our dom pieces from the last 2 bosses and why do all 4 of those pieces have heavy versa…

1 Like

Cloth itemization is definitely pretty borked, but at the end of the day we’re all dealing with the same thing.

Well we can get most of our sockets from earlier bosses to be fair, but yeah the stat allocation on them is garbage.

Helm- Ner’zhul & Sylvanas
Shoulder - The9 & KT
Chest- Painsmith & Fatescribe
Wrist- Souldrender & Sylvanas
Belt- Guardian & KT

Would it really have been that hard to put in a couple more options with different stat combinations?

I mean… leather have access to a dom piece from every single boss. BoE legs, and two BoEs that don’t overlap with their dom slots.

Then there’s the lack of useable caster trinkets and no overtuned effect weapon.

Cloth got utterly shafted this tier, and for as far as I can tell absolutely no justifiable reason.

Oh without a doubt clothies got shafted with this whole shard system.

Wasn’t trying to say it’s all peachy lol was just letting you know there are dom socket options prior to the final two bosses. Just in case you weren’t aware.

Yeah cloth has 9 total dom slot pieces, 4 of which are on the final 2 bosses. And leather has 10. The whole thing is just botched.