So can you buy items off someone in P2?

That’s a social rule only. Also my example was a BoP item, not a BoE.

AND honestly even if it was a BoE. Let’s say you win a greed roll on a BoE. Are you not allowed to sell it in raid? Do you have to wait until after the raid to sell it?

2 Likes

I feel the example you stated is exactly what the P2W kiddos would claim they were doing. Yes if everything is on the up and up it would not be GDKP but still against the current policy. I would report it and hope the players were both banned shrugs

1 Like

I think BoEs are an exception of the new rules since they’re made for trading

Personally I’d rather them modify the policy but also put in some detection that knows if it’s a 1 or 2 off transaction in raid vs the majority/all of the items.

1 Like

I think its a pretty bad faith argument to compare BOEs to BOPs in a raid.

You’d think so, but going exactly off of the letter of the law of the post trading ANY item (not even just loot) for gold in raid is against the policy. This by technicality would even include you forgetting a consumable and buying one.

Now is it likely that’s what they meant? No, but that’s what posts like this thread are for. They want clarification because Blizzard was very ambiguous.

2 Likes

They do it because they’re selfish and greedy

It’s not ambiguous at all, you’re just looking for ways to exploit it.

Personally not a fan. I just don’t like the idea of dungeon/raid gear being sorted for gold. To each their own :slight_smile:
Also, appreciate the civil discourse, not a lot of that on these forums as of late. Cheers!

2 Likes

I’m not. I don’t gdkp. This is the problem with discussions like this.
It’s immediate to an accusation.

You too!

Yep, it has been overall good discourse since you are coming in with rational arguments and mostly reasonable comparisons.

I think at the end of the day, hundreds of thousands of people are going to be able to beat any system they put in place. I expect a lot of "spirit of " decisions being made.

“We didnt sell it for gold, we sold it for materials that I bought from the raid leader before the run that market rate at 2g each that he bought back at the end of the raid”

sure thing chief.

1 Like

Thank you.
I prefer to look at things from both sides.

I understand some good in gdkp, I used to do it in Classic and Wrath. Not everyone RMTs.

But I’m also not so naïve to think it’s all innocent either. It definitely perpetuates gold buying. It’s not the reason for gold buying, but it’s a big contributor.

I much prefer the ban to it.

But I also like to play Devil’s advocate in how the ban can be avoided. And how stopping that avoidance can lead to innocent players being screwed over.

I think if blizz wants all of this to completely stop they need to just disable trading I. Dungeons/raids I think it’s a dumb idea but I also think think the gdkp ban is dumb and not really helpful. But if there going to ban Gdkps they need to enforce it. They can’t do it like they are doing now with gold buyers. They have to actually enforce its on both sides of the coin the Gdkps and the gold buying

I am glad they are trying it though. Sod is the perfect testing grounds for it

I prefer to see data because right now we dont really have any.

I am 100% open to the game being worse as a result of the ban and them reverting it.

But until they try? We wont really know as its all just conjecture based on our biases.

1 Like

Well, we’ll have to know the detection method to see the can and can’ts, but as it is right now, I’ll only sell the eventual BoEs at the AH to be safe

1 Like

Yep, and the unfortunate reality is they may never say as if you tell how the detection works, it can lead to avoiding it easier.

Because you’re being intentionally obtuse which leads me to believe you have an ulterior motive.

Someone posted the blue post in this thread. It’s very clear.

Gear Awatded + gold taken = bad
Buying. a FAP from your homies isn’t paying gold for awarded gear.

This is why “I was being intentionally obtuse”

A point can be made that a greeded BoE was awarded by rolling and then it was sold to another person as the item was intended to be sold being a boe

How do you award something that didn’t drop and is easy to obtain?