So can we get an actual drum fix now

It was stated at Blizzcon that players feeling compelled to have their entire raid group as leatherworkers is a problem. So why has nothing been done to fix that? The change made to drums does nothing other than make drums more annoying to use. Leatherworking still has a larger profession bonus than any other profession. People are still going to have their entire raid group / guild go Leatherworking for drums.

Seriously, this is a super simple problem to fix, why isn’t it being fixed?

Three different easy and straightforward fixes:

1. Make the effect raidwide and 50yd radius. Now you only need 4 leatherworkers in raid, not 20.

2. Remove the leatherworking requirement on drums. Now you don’t need any leatherworkers in raid, and makes the profession a great gold-maker due to such a widespread demand for drums with everyone being able to use them.

3. two minute Tinnitus debuff, like patch 3.0 did. This is arguably the most drastic change, as it slightly buffs raid content by reducing the uptime of drums by 75%. But people have been asking for “pre-nerf” content, so…this would just help with that.

26 Likes

Don’t be in a sweaty guild. I think that’s a very simple fix. People cleared content without it or with very few using it. Only people that care are the meta chasers. So the 1%

Edit: I got like 4 replys saying “Well look at world buffs.” Yes I see them. It was a player made issue just like this. You don’t need 25 drums to beat old content. Yes I know sunwell requires what maybe 10? Well guess what sunwell is the last raid. I don’t think you all need 25 LWers to do T4,T5,T6 and Za. People are blowing it out of proportion.

I get why because let’s face it drums is the only good thing from lw. So naturally a lot of people are upset they need to waste a profession. Sort it out with your guilds is the best advice I can give.

Again I still don’t think you need many leather workers for the 1st few phases. However I know very well people will do it anyway. This is the meta chasers mentality. Its like playing knight of the old republic for the 100th time. You know how to speed run and have the best stats.

Knowing blizzard they will change it if enough qq. It has always been a matter of when.

I made this long edit so I won’t have to reply to people who just joined or who keep pointing out the obvious. I have nothing else to contribute to this conversation. please take care.*

5 Likes

You’re pretty naive. 80-90% of guilds are going to require you to be a leatherworker come sunwell or you lose your raid spot. It’s really that simple. About 50% will require at least half their raid to be one sooner than that.

6 Likes

If this is done I would also recommend reducing the charges to 5 or 10 per drum instead of 50. Make drums something people actually have to bring to a raid, not just 1-2. But I really would rather it stay leatherworker exclusive.

The suggested fixes would definitely make the consumable more fun to use.

It pains me to hear about people taking old content so unnecessarily seriously.

2 Likes

“just don’t use them lol”

yeah, we saw how well that worked out for worldbuffs, didn’t we?

also, blizz literally said that sunwell was balanced around drum rotations, so…

9 Likes

It would definitely help, I’m not saying it won’t. I’m just not sure blizzard will change it. They walk a fine line with pleasing community and then people demanding more changes. I still say the meta chasers brought this on themselves like World buffs. Also yes I agree with OP points.

I will definitely be surprised if blizzard puts a full change prior to TBC release. I think they might be waiting to see how many people are going to go LW before making 100% change.

Yea I know and I get that, but read my post to other guy. Don’t want to say it all again.

i think the only real fix that wouldnt make the biggest change in terms of mechanics not being added or vice versa is to make them not require lw.

the other suggestions like making them raid wide and/or increasing range or adding in a tinitis debuff would set a precedent that i wouldnt be comfortable with.

also i would be able to make money selling drums :smiley:.

1 Like

[citation needed]

I find it unlikely that 80-90% of guilds have that attitude. Most of the guilds I’ve been in over the years actually treated their members as friends rather than numbers on a spreadsheet, meaning the chance of being “benched” was unlikely. If you showed up on time, you got an invite, because simply having 25 people on at once was a challenge for many casual guilds. They didn’t have the luxury of picking and choosing.

This.
It’s how it should have been back in TBC as well.

1 Like

Nice hyperbole mate.

1 Like

Their, “fixes” are largely terrible. They’re repeating the same bad decisions they made in early TBC, but exclusively for melee. And, more specifically, for Shaman.

People act like guilds won’t require some to have it but they will when they get stuck. World buffs were required when some of the content got hard, drums will be the same way.

It’s not about if you should have it’s about why wouldn’t you?

It’s just that beneficial to yourself and the raid. It’s like if you had to pick between two jobs, both pay the but one comes with the added bonus of your friends and family getting money with no impact to you. Why wouldn’t you take that job?

1 Like

Everyone that cleared Sunwell required everyone to be a LW. Blizzard clearly stated it was balanced around drum usage. The meta is set on drums and drums will be the meta. Even casual guilds will require it.

1 Like

Real drumming died with Neil Peart. :worried:

7 Likes

I was bear-tank in a guild on Dragonmaw. We cleared Sunwell and didnt require everybody to be LW for drums.

It was super SUPER tough content, but we didnt require it… I think there was maybe 10 ppl in raid that were LW.

1 Like

Without proof I would be inclined to not believe a word of it.

The real question here is whether or not Blizz thought the world buff meta was a positive. If they think world buffs worked out well in classic don’t expect any changes. If they don’t like the way world buff played out they will absolutely make changes to the way drums work. People don’t play the game the same way they did back then, and sometimes changes are required to preserve the original intent and gameplay. Whether or not this is one of those cases is really up to Blizz

If there truly was such a large portion of players who wanted drums changed. They’d make their own guilds and ignore drums. A very loud minority of players are just squealing.

Get in the drum circle or get benched. :wink: