So, Beta testers A question

Blizzard is notorious for releasing content despite even gamebreaking bugs and exploits which are heavily reported in betas but often ignored. It’s actually shocking the beta has this many bugs when literally anyone can run their own private wotlk server without any, provided they don’t tinker with the code.

The Beta Community is doing their best but traditionally their efforts are largely brushed aside, there’s been heavy forum drama in the recent past where beta testers wondered what beta and all their bug reports were even for. But the moral is Blizzard will release by their internal deadline regardless of bugs or their awareness of them, at least if the past two decades is anything to go by.

As far as the release date, Blizzard has implied it will be 6-8 weeks after the upcoming +50% exp buff kicks in, with the prepatch hitting just ~3 weeks into that. So hopefully this Tuesday or next we’ll be able to start that timer.

2 Likes

no no you misunderstand, im more worried about wasting the remaning time on my sub, i have a month of bnet time i can buy through bnet balance. im not worried about wasting time so much since well TBC was a complete waste of my time as my OG server died , has a nice pop of 300 on peak hours if not less, then the following realm i re-leveled on though was high pop was just as dead with no one raiding or the only raids being guild runs, and a handful of GDKP, and then the latest server i leveled on being the highest pop being nothing BUT Gdkp spams. so I already know my times been wasted with tbc, my favorite expansion. Id like a chance to dable in wrath see if i even want to touch their “fresh” servers after being slapped 3 times by crap servers / populations.

Odd, must have some bad luck, I’m on pretty high pop and SR/MS>OS outnumbers GDKP by a lot.

benediction is pretty much dominated by GDKP, there are a handful of SR usuallyonly for kara or gruuls. buttttt even then majority of the time its GDKP runs for those raids as well.

the few times I have seen a SR run ora badge run by the time i get my whisper in, usually within seconds of the broadcast im met with a reply mins later saying sorry filled on your class.

I’m a bit confused by this.

For one, “fresh servers” are highly likely to precede Wrath, whether with pre-patch or proximate still seems like a bit of guesswork.

Two, it’s going to be a bit dicey to project how the fresh servers will hold up 6-9-12 months down the road based on the first few weeks of activity. Going to be a lot of noise in that data precisely because of people checking it out for the novelty who may not be committed.

I mean…

Pretty black and white imo

That’s what I had thought, I just couldn’t remember if it was nailed down :wink:

Anyway, my point was, if the OP’s question is really about when fresh servers are opening, then asking about Wrath dropping doesn’t really answer their question.

its a lot better than staying on a server that has an inflated economy, its far better to start where everyone has the same footing and isnt able to immediately buy bot gold. annnnnnd there will be a time of very few GDKP for some time, slowly building up im sure lest its made against tos. fingers crossed.

They’ve already said GDKPs are fine, so doubt they’ll go anywhere.

that isnt actually my question i was asking the thoughts of beta testers if the game was in a ready state within the month, i dont expect it to launch within said month however even if it was a resounding yea no bugs to find here mate lets go.

maybe not but on a fresh server ill be on even footing for a long time at least.

I’m completely confused.

You don’t expect it to launch within a month (and all the info we have suggests that’s not the timeline) and yet you’re asking whether it’s ready to drop within a month?

For your answer answer, we’re looking at prepatch early/mid aug and launch early/mid sept i would bet on it.

1 Like

i want to know that the game is working properly, i want to know that the players feel that its ready, or counter to that the opposite, I am trying to get a read on players feel for the game and how its comming along, so that I can internally guess as to when pre-patch might start, i know everyones like ITS AUGUST 9th or some crap. but lets face it, blizzard treat their games as if they were a hunter in classic face rolling their keyboard and wiping the raid because tab targeting several packs of molten hounds.

ps blizzard face it very few under the age of 18 use this forum, stop telling me i cant say _____ insert curse word its annoying as the 7 hells

i would bet on blizzard stumbling and going sooner, or even later because see hunter joke above in main response

Well, Aug 9th is the earliest they can do for Prepatch (server merger day) and End of september is end of q3.

q4 has 2 major launches already so they’re going to want that q3 bump.

dont be too sure, they have a tendency to fumble the ball pretty dang hard.

being forced to say dang makes me feel like hank hill, thanks blizzard forum rules.

I mean, I’m not saying there won’t be major bugs on launch, but it’ll launch.

TBCC launched and green stats didn’t work (+healing, +spelldamage, etc)

There’s more bugs then usual. Especially for a game that was already released. Lots of spell interactions don’t work correctly, let alone all the missing UI and other issues

No idea what their internal builds look like though

oh i mean on that but also on dates, we all thought DF wasnt gonna come till 2023 to give it the time it needed to not be a derp moment, buuuut here we are with them saying its coming in 2022 and topkek still we dont even have all the talent trees nor a beta in sight, so… them launching prepatch before the oh so holy day of server mergers, so they could stillllll mess it up and drop prepatch before the mergers.

Alpha is likely this week.

It was pushed to the launcher and SL when that happened it came the next week

yea buuuut we been seein people say that for the last what 2 weeks? and again pointing to the fact we still dont have all the talent trees even, and the ones we do have, have some glaring issues that if not addressed promptly… well yea