So, Ashes of Alar

I hate you so much right now.

Also sincere congrats. mumble mumble

1 Like

My Ashes of Alar story.

The first time I ever saw Ashes of Alar mount was when BC was current, and there was a GM chillin’ in Shattrath on it. It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw ever, and I vowed one day, somehow, I would have that mount.

Unfortunately, I was more of a casual player back then. Was not really part of any good raid guilds. I did do a little Kara raiding regularly, but the guild was casual about it.

So I was not able to start farming for it until sometime around end of Cataclysm / start of MoP, when I was strong enough to start farming it on my own.

About 3 years went by, diligently farming it every week, no joy. I also started farming it on multiple toons, as I leveled alts to a point to be able to. No joy.

Then one day towards the end of MoP, when WoD was soon to come out, I convinced my brother to give WoW another try. He was fairly active in Vanilla and BC but almost strictly PvP stuff. But he quit playing. I paid for his sub and expansions to get him going again, and helped him level his old main to current content.

During this time, he decided to go do an Ashes run, himself. His very first run, he got it :astonished: . AND THE WORST PART. He got bored and quit like a month later, never to return to WoW again.

Meanwhile, I’m still diligently farming, and 11/05/14, days before WoD was released, that bird was finally mine.

1 Like

Nice! Here’s hoping I get some luck soon!

1 Like

Congratulations.

1 Like

So do I! I used to get the volcano tacos from Taco Bell but now they have stopped selling them :frowning: Total bummer.

Oh, that story made me kinda sad. :frowning:

I am glad you finally got it! I bet it made you appreciate it even more!