So Are we getting Kael's old voice actor back?

Since the allegations were false, is blizzard really going to still double down and keep his new voice actor?

Like the Vibe, the feel of that fight and his re appearance later on was sold just because his voice actor made him absolutely believable, this Prince’s decent into Madness, but the new voice actor falls totally flat and feels like he’s asleep at the wheel, It’s literally an audio file change, it makes me kinda sad.

8 Likes

At first I didnt mind tbe new VA. But then I actually heard the new voice lines, and it just felt completely wrong.

1 Like

If they went through the effort to re record every line he did I would imagine we’d get the new guy.

Also costs them literally nothing to use the original in TBC and the new one for retail for continuity reasons.

3 Likes

I don’t think its about money, it would have been cheaper to simply not re do all the lines over allegations that weren’t proven. They just distance themselves from people that may tarnish their image. Its perfectly possible they’d use the old one but if their recent statements about changes to retail and classic are any indication we can expect changes in classic to reflect their so called moral values.

1 Like

It’s voice lines. No one cares. Half of us play with that sound off.

You could also probably extract the sound files from an old client and simply sub them into the new one.

1 Like

Virtue signaling does not equal moral values.

6 Likes

I didn’t say it did. That’s why I said “so called” as in they don’t actually care as much as they say they do.

2 Likes

The half that have their sound on do care.

4 Likes

Can Kael’s VA sue for Tortious Interference?

Sorry, not up on what exactly happened with him, but I’m getting Vic Mignogna flashbacks here…

If they do that, then they are pandering to the false accusations, and really not supporting the people they should be, imo.

6 Likes

Maybe we can get an addon to revert this if Blizzard refuses to do the right thing.

2 Likes

I support this. Don’t let an obssessive stalker ruin this man’s life anymore than she already has.

Not adding his lines back in the game is tantamount to saying sexual harrasement in the form of stalking and lies is okay.

2 Likes

Hopefully he sues everyone involved that tried to cancel him in the first place.

2 Likes

sadly I feel somehow it won’t be done, considering blizzard would rather remove /spit than fix belts not showing with guild tabbards or deal with bots.

2 Likes

This case is a classic example of how despicable it is to jump to conclusions, assume guilt, and jump on the “wokester” Mob bandwagon and “cancel,” try to destroy someone, (or something, like a company), who has been accused of something, before all the facts are known. Many times this has happened (and seems to be happening more and more these days because the “wokesters” just love this kind of dramatic bandwagon to hate someone for), but sadly when it does, and when it’s shown that the accusations were false, it’s very rare that it gets any attention or even apologies or retractions. And of course the mainstream is never, never, never, ever “outraged” or “offended” on behalf of these “victims” and it doesn’t get anywhere near the attention that the accusations got.

3 Likes

He’d have to show a present or imminently future contract that has been interfered with for starters, and being removed from old content with a contract that likely says that Blizzard can do whatever they want with anything they recorded him saying, to include not using any of it at all.

He’d have to go after the psycho stalker individual based on their wrongful actions and chances are she has no money that any judgment can touch. Companies are largely blameless even if the info they acted upon was fraudulent so unless you can prove some contract was destroyed because of the fraudulent accusations and the company knew it was fraudulent then there isn’t much to be done here.

Accuser gets to largely walk and the VA gets his name forever-smeared. You just know people are going to bring it up a year from now as if the stalker was not outed as a psycho liar.

2 Likes

And I think we all know Blizzard won’t roll this back. I mean, really, how can they? It’d just make them look even more foolish.

What’s next? Are we going to start deep-faking various actor’s faces in movies if they’re found to have been caught in some scandalous behaviors?

It’d be admitting fault which is well… LOL

Or we just start deepfaking aging/old/dead actors nonstop. Need a Jon Candy cameo? Just ring up his foundation/trust/estate/whatever and pay the royalties to have him “appear” and voila.

Hollywood is such a mess.

2 Likes