So are blood elves hunter interesting

Wanted to know the lore behind blood elves and the hunter class. Indulge me lore fourms

2 Likes

Okay sounds cool but a bit generic I’ll check it out

1 Like

No specific lore.

Every race after all has had people trained to survive in the wilds. Or even the competitve lure of hunting big game.

The only Elven Hunters of note come from the Wildrunner family. But the entire group of Farstriders are derided for almost being Night Elf throwbacks.

Lor’themar was originally a Farstrider too, IIRC.

5 Likes

And no one on this forum gives him any respect. :slight_smile:

I do I originally call him a traitor but now I see he’s the only reasonable horde member. Ironic

Interesting mechanically, or interesting lore-wise? As a D&D player, I think how a character is role played is what makes them interesting, but obviously that doesn’t work so well in a videogame, even on RP servers no one really RPs.

1 Like

He doesn’t deserve any after he started shilling for Baine! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is it good or bad that his most memorable moment IMO is in MoP right after the Purge of Dalaran when he flips out, revealing that he had been secretly talking to Varian about possibly leaving the Horde and re-joining the Alliance, only to back out due to Jaina’s actions, realizes that Garrosh may have deliberately engineered events that way, and starts considering gunning for the Warchief’s position himself.

3 Likes

Blood elves are one of two, maybe three races with a lore-heavy military organization to rep their hunters. Two thirds of their leaders in SMC are hunters too.

1 Like

I would say no but I am a bit biased considering I don’t consider the current day Blood Elves interesting.

There’s no such thing as a boring class rp wise.

Plenty of boring players and authors though.

Maybe I’ll start putting up some of my character’s fiction in the Tavern forum and you can judge for yourself.

2 Likes