So apparently pet wall is being removed for elemental in DF

Yeah…I guess the devs felt ele shaman was too powerful defensively and pet wall had to, not even be nerfed, just be straight up removed from the game.

WELP, time to play wrath.

1 Like

What is pet wall

1 Like

The spell ability is called Harden Skin iirc. Its a 40% damage reduction cooldown but can only be used when Primal earth elemental is out.

Story of shamans life. Tbh i thought they removed it with the very first iteration of DF talent tree.

2 Likes

Considering how much more Ele (and Shaman as a whole) are getting in the way of defensives, I don’t see this as unreasonable. You gain a stronger astral shift, you gain passive DR in the class tree, you gain passive DR in the spec tree when you have an Ele out, you gain health when ankh is on CD, you gain the option of Earth Shield on yourself at no dps cost, you gain Nature’s Guardian without losing its current competitors, you gain Stoneskin… the list goes on.

From a power perspective, it makes perfect sense.

excuse me, we arent getting any more defensives.

3 Likes

More defensive, not more defensives. No it’s not the same, but yes it’s relevant.

Maybe the trade isn’t worth it for PvP, but it certainly is for PvE. Obviously depends what you play as to how you feel about it.

1 Like

Exactly…

1 Like

Shaman actually did not get enough additional defensives / improvements to current defensives to justify removing the pet wall. From your samples:

• Stronger Astral Shift reduces its duration and increases CD, so has a trade-off
  • 4% magic damage reduction is comparable to passives from other classes, like Arcane Warding, so this gain is just the Shaman’s analogue of them
  • 5% damage reduction while Elemental is active is a choice node with Refreshing Waters (current survivability conduit), so has a trade-off
  • 8% health while Reincarnation is on CD is compensated by a massive nerf to Earth Ele health boost (from 38% to 15%), so total result can be even negative compared to current
  • Elemental Orbit addition is nice, but Earth Shield was accessible earlier as well. Now it is usable with Lightning Shield, but that does not provide any additional survivability
  • You can now take AG with NG together, but that is arguably not that much and can be easily negated by enemy popping a defensive (to reduce healing from your damage) or CC-ing the Shaman (no damage = no additional healing for him and his team).
  • Stoneskin Totem works only against physical damage, requires to be within its range and can be negated.

Shamans did receive additional mobility and CC, but other classes did as well, so that is not a justification either.

As a result, pet wall removal is not warranted. However, that could be a good reason to keep it removed and give Shamans other defensive CD instead, which is not tied to a 5 min CD pet and is accessible for all 3 specs.

5 Likes

Jesus the really did…ele has one defensive button now, because another on a 5 min cd is too much …glad i removed my sub. Really done with wow and these absolutely retarded devs. This game has been out for so so long and they still cant figure it out. Its dying because they are incompetent. The game has only even lasted so long due to laziness of people not because of their ability to make a good game. good luck with this circus everyone

Yeah they did. But ele is in a really good, real fun spot pvp.

While you have one defensive, you have ghost wolf, a stun, two roots, two snares and some og the highest frontloaded dps in the game.

You can kite just about every class

I get jealous about how much nicer ghost wolf affinity is for ele than for enhance