So all my hard work to get Pathfinder was for nothing?

It sounds like they still need to get PF to fly in BfA, so you still have that. Regardless the point of this change is because when these zones were current PF came naturally. People who missed them while current have an actually grind to get flying in content they aren’t really even going to be in any more.

Thank god Blizz . Thank you thank you.

Finally we can fly in older content.

Let people fly in BFA too . Make it easier for new players to play the game .

6 Likes

No, your “hard work” to get Pathfinder was not for nothing. You got to unlock it during the time the content was still relevant. Are you saying you’d rather have gone years without having Pathfinder if you had known it was gonna become free in the future? Because i sure wouldn’t. I personally like having my flying asap.

This change is a good change. WoD/Legion content isn’t relevant anymore, and most players aren’t gonna want to have to go back to this old content just to unlock flying for the old zones.

I swear, you people complain about the silliest things lol.

14 Likes

You’re mad that there was a grind and also mad that the grind has ended.

I think pathfinder is lazy design on blizzard’s part. I think Mechagon showed how you could make people pay attention while flying around.

But I’m never going to object to less timegating on flyng.

5 Likes

WoD leveling wasn’t the problem with WoD. Sounds like you didn’t actually play it if you believe that.

12 Likes

So am I reading this right?

…Flight in those two expansions by being level 30 and buying flight…but if you want the mounts you have to do the grinds?

Actually for leveling WoD is good plus it has some of the best transmogs so people will go there eventually.

To be honest the one that is going to be avoided the most will be BfA unless you are a new player where you have no choice.

7 Likes

BFA is the new leveling route for new players, so I can see why they would want them to earn their wings so to speak.

2 Likes

I believe they have lowered the requirements over time and like I said they are optional and would be no different then going back to farm old content like farming rep for the nether drake mounts.

1 Like

I mean, for what it is I didn’t hate BFA leveling. At least not on my Alliance characters. Stormsong area is dull as wood chips but Drustvar is fantastic. I enjoyed the Tirasgarde area too.

The Horde zones less so, at least at first when I couldn’t fly there.

1 Like

I played it till I hit 98 and left. My friend who bought the expansion when it came out and played through it told me enough horror stories of how boring it actually was and when she dragged me through it it was exactly like she said, it was boring and I could not wait to leave.

4 Likes

You got it earlier than those who didn’t.

Doing what they’re doing is good for the health of the game and incoming players, especially with such a significant change to how leveling works.

Changes like this are good.

5 Likes

This is such a dumb mentality.

Every major achievement save for realm firsts, AOTC’s, and glad armor mogs are undone in later X-pacs. Every other armor mog, every raid achive, every title, every grind, etc. all becomes easier.

That is the nature of the beast.

4 Likes

I imagine the hype alone will draw in some new players.

2 Likes

Blizzard forcing new people to actually play BFA is just cruel. Luckily I wont have to do it again nor will a majority of people.

6 Likes

You (and I) have been able to reap the benefits of flying in this content for years. That is our reward.

5 Likes

Stop crying. This is how it should be once older lands become obsolete, and WoD was way overdue for this. You had to grind for gear back then and now those areas are solo’able by anybody with a max level. Heck, you can breeze through any area with a single ability and get whatever you need. That’s how it is.

4 Likes

You’re going to lose your mind when we all get access to your $200 fake-a-friend transmog.

2 Likes

kinda like that time a large floor jack rolled out of my van, fell about 3 feet and destroyed my toes :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Aye.

I’ve nearly gotten three people to play wow since I got back but once they heard how many pathfinders and the grinds for AR’s they’d need to be able to do regular things… they just left.

Its a bar to new players.

4 Likes