So... about those transmog restrictions (Holiday/Artifact)

Probably not a popular idea, but I wouldn’t be upset if they lifted armor restrictions on armor purely for transmog (except class specific armor).

For example: if my paladin unlocked a generic piece of plate shoulders, I can transmog those shoulders on all characters. They still need to be unlocked on a plate wearing class, but once they are unlocked… they are fair game for all classes. With the exception of class specific tier armor.

2 Likes

I personally don’t care how people want to make themselves look, because I’m not one of those “mah immershion” people that demands people play exactly as they see it because I want them too. :woman_shrugging:

Therefore, I want holiday restrictions gone, and nothing is going to ever change that.

11 Likes

In Wildstar and SWTOR, they had/have the ability to hide all armor slots. And other than the initial honeymoon period, there really aren’t a lot of “circus freaks” running around anymore.

4 Likes

Well, I bet this must come as somewhat of a horror to you. Blizz already allows us to run around NEKID. I routinely chase my friend around using it. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Well luckily your not in charge of writing, so hence they keep up a sense of immerse in the game world

Um…well we all see how well Wildstar did …didn’t we…

looks at the QnA and them saying that they’re allowing you to hide chest, and that they’re loosening restrictions in general

You keep telling yourself that! Besides, they said they want feedback. 0.1% whining about immersion and wanting to control what other people to do because of it, against a huge majority that wants it? Have fun dealing with the ongoing changes soon. Sorry it bothers you so much that other people have fun, but that’s how it goes!

5 Likes

LMAO way to miss the point. But here’s a shocker for ya, the absolute plethora of customizations Wildstar had isn’t why it failed.

2 Likes

But bring up a dead game…is a useless …point

These “MAH IMMERSION!” people make me laugh, because they literally are trying to restrict what other people do for their own benefit. It’s really ridiculous.

“You can’t play this race because it ruins my immersion.”

“You can’t wear this because it ruins my immerson.”

“People should be forced to do xyz, otherwise… it ruins my immersion.”

“It ruins my immersion to see this in cities or dungeon groups”.

Like… why bother playing an MMO if you let what other people do bother you that much. I’ve never understood it.

11 Likes

Sigh, no it’s not. You’re scared of “circus freaks”, Wildstar let us be “circus freaks” but they weren’t as numerous as you are afraid it’s going to be. So no it wasn’t pointless/useless, it just wasn’t what you wanted to hear.

3 Likes

A crown of spring flowers worn year-round, especially during the winter season, breaks MUH immersion. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

YOUR FACE BREAKS MAH IMMERSION! (I’m kidding, please don’t kill me mods…)

1 Like

You know where to find me! Bring it, Vampy

2 Likes

I would kill to have most armor available to me, regardless of armor type. There are some sweet mail troll armors I could mix and match with other armor types to make my own version of a shadow hunter theme.

It would definitely make trial of style more interesting too :grin:

2 Likes

I don’t understand the restrictions.

There is no consistency to them.

9 Likes

The why dont you go play Fornite, dress up like a dino, flowergirl…what have you you can be what ever you want…why join in to a MMORPG set in a specific world and lore, if your going to dress up or dress down…like some carnival character…and not be in the story that is been set up for you to be in…

Yeah especially when we have armor already in game like the Stormwind plate armor that can be worn on cloth classes like priest. Look at the nightborne heritage armor, it has a cloth look to it, but plenty of Warriors and hunters look good in it too.

8 Likes

Sorry, but my definition of “carnival” isn’t yours. You look like a walking carnival freakshow to me with those mogs, so does that mean you shouldn’t wear them…? All about perspective. I play WoW. Won’t be leaving anytime soon!

3 Likes

Because there’s nothing in the rules that says I absolutely have to dress my character up to fit into the story.(I know that’s not specifically directed at me, but hey thought I’d answer anyway)

And I don’t get the “leave the game and go play somewhere else!” insult. Why would you want to chase paying customers from the game that help keep it going so you can have a game to play in?

3 Likes