So about covenant for Affliction

I just reached the point where they ask me to choose a covenant, I kind of like Maldraxxus due to that sweet 20-50% health shield which would boost my survivability by a lot solo and I kind of find the Kyrian abilities boring, but easy to use.

I though the Maldraxxus special ability wasn’t so bad compare to the Kyrian one until I saw one of the soulbind that will give me over 350 mastery for like 10+ seconds when I cast the Kyrian ability? That is pretty good… Like that will be a 60%+ increase mastery for me in my current gear.

However I kind of like the idea of Decimating Bolt +100% damage with Drain Soul talent + 100% damage when health is below 20% with the legendary Malefic Wrath which increase drain soul power by another 75% for a total of 275% which could be good for raid boss maybe?

I have absolutely zero interest in Nightfae though no matter how much better it can possibly be for me and I do not like the other, so its between Kyrian and Maldraxxus what you guys think?

You’ll be able to clear content with whatever spec you want. You’ll do less damage and have less mobility than NF locks, but it’s only a few percent difference.

Kyrian is about even with Night Fae on single target, it’s just harder to use in raids and falls behind in AoE… Necrolord is also quite good for both Demo and Destro, so if you plan on playing those a lot you’ll be totally fine.

2 Likes

I believe I will only play Affliction unless it get nerf.

(And the reason why I do not want to go Nightfae is because every single Warlock are Nightfae and I can smell a nerf to it in the future or a good buff to the other my money on a nerf.)

Just do nightfae the teleort alone makes it the best choice for locks its gonna be hard to let that ability go after this xpac

The teleport is too valuable to pass up, and I doubt they will appreciably nerf soul rot. Besides, for affliction they could make soul rot do very little damage and it would still be your go to covenant ability for multiple targets. A 5 target aoe dot is too juicy.

Fae is the way.

Soul rot with Niya as soulbind is something Aff cannot ignore. you get good amount of Mastery that going help u with your dps.

if you pick anything other than NF for affliction warlock, you’re trolling.

2 Likes

Or I don’t feel like joining a Covenant that I do not like? I will not raid anything above normal and I won’t do mythic+ I never did one since Legion and I never will so I do not truly care about movement nor do I care about AOE, Affliction already have really decent AOE to begin with what I want is single target damage and a conenant that I like which are Necrolord or Kyrian.

Dreamweaver is better for single target until you’ve unlocked the full Niya tree, due to getting the second potency slot earlier. Niya is the best choice for M+.

If you arent pushing higher content then play whatever you like!

1 Like

I’m not sure what kind of affirmation your looking for on the forums if you aren’t asking us for the best covenant for affy. The non NF outside of kyrian slightly for st only are pure cosmetic which is a personal choice for you to decide.

The other covenants being no real utility or synergy with the spec

I made another thread with a more clear question and got my answer, all I wanted to know is which covenant people liked the most between Necrolord and Kyrian in term of aesthetic, zone, characters and transmog taking in count the abilities and soulbinds too.

That’s not true for aff. Dreamweaver sims worse in single target. The mastery gain is super good.

1 Like

Being able to use two potency slots, this allows you to use Cold Embrace and Focused Malignancy, right now. When the Niya tree is unlocked to allow two potency slots, it will be the choice to make. I’ve simmed both and Dreamweaver comes out on top right now, purely because of that extra slot being available.

Nah venthyr is pimp sauce

I would choose necrolord over kyrian. I know you dont want Night fae, but they are a game changer. As far the other i still go with necrolord.

If you doing low end content everything will work, start pushing higher keys and raids that’s when the differences stand out immensely.