So a Prot Paladin wrecked Mythic Maut

Build: Mastery Protection Paladin.

Talents: Holy Shield, Grand Crusader, Fist of Justice, Blessing of Spellwarding, Final Stand, Consecrated Ground, Seraphim. (1213223)

Azerite: Avenger’s Might 3x, Light’s Decree, Tradewinds, Incite the Pack.

Essences: Strength of the Warden, Vision of Perfection, Crucible of Flame, The Formless Void.

Corruption: Honed Mind R3, Masterful R16.

A tank who did not use Twilight Devastation, that is interesting.

1 Like

It’s just cheesing holy shield. 2/3rds of obsidian skin ticks on a prot pal with holy shield and that much mastery is “reflected” which then procs obsidian skin and so on. Just look at how many triggers of holy shield there is

2 Likes

I’d like to see the log of this.

The #1 log on Mythic Maut on WCL.

In response to your question from that other thread:
I do not have have a vid. The important number is 160% mastery as that’ll get you to block cap. I got a few procs to extend the window and amp damage within it which made up for a completely mistimed major

3 Likes

Straight from the person’s mouth, TY.

Gratz on the cheese, I’ve been thinking of dropping TD for more mastery with holy shield (not a fan of hammers). Not sure if it will apply to mythic dungeons, but I’ll do anything for more consistency.

2 Likes

I was curious and was messing around with on use Mastery trinket, 3 AM traits and got to 109% but was only 86% block. This was the thread I was looking for because I wanted to know if Block cap was possible now! Sweet!!!

I always wanted to do a Mastery build to have the feel of the old school Wrath mitigation tanks.

Question what was your base Mastery in this build? Did you just do this for this group mainly and boss?

Outside of exactly this one boss, mastery is a bad stat this patch. Avenger’s might is ok, but when 1/3rd of your damage comes from corruption then stacking the one stat which has no effect on corruption is not a wise move.

1 Like

1/3rd damage from corruption? Are you referring to TD? I have r3 and it’s generally 1/5 my damage in keys. Often judgment > TD.

TD5 this week (<40), TD6 next week (<60). So add 60 or 100% damage on top of your TD3 respectively. It’s big.

So as prot, should I just stack TD if I’m not pushing 20+?

I started stacking haste and it’s fun, but my damage is never up there lol

Even if you’re pushing 20s, still stack TD

hi Doyouneedbro, how do you actually achieve 160% mastery, with seriphim and wings azerite traits i get to 90% with full mastery pieces. I dont have the trinket though. Does this mean you used the mastery corruption stacking?

Yes. Masterful is powerful like that. But that’s just my opinion, though.

Ya all masterful. I should probably run a honed mind too

1 Like

You’d be amazed how strong mastery protadins can be.

1 Like

Dude prot is super fun. I was just playing around with it and I got 40% or more damage reduction standing in consecration and well over 100% block all the time.

1 Like

doubt

Ohh you’re right it’s only 90% with just the soaring shield trait on

1 Like