SNAPSHOT will LIKELY be taken today

Make sure you take all your consume alts and mail to your main because the snapshot will likely be taken today or tomorrow during downtime…

Short time people!! :slight_smile:

(friendly reminder)

Wouldn’t it make more sense to take the snapshot when servers go down for prepatch?
Unless it would take too long, but then they could just have an extended downtime maybe?

1 Like

They flat out said the snap shot will be taken when they bring the servers down for prepatch lol.

17 Likes

Just curious, where did they say this?

A clone is a snapshot copy of your WoW Classic character taken right before the Burning Crusade Classic pre-patch.

“Right before the pre-patch” is pretty vague, though. It doesn’t necessarily mean May 18th, exactly. Blizz (as of late) likes to play word games so…take that, as you will.

Yup let me lose a week or day of progress. 100% unacceptable either way.

Extended maintenance for a reason

1 Like

No, it won’t. Where did you remotely get this idea?

2 Likes

Faux News ofc!

1 Like

Maybe tomorrow for Tuesday?

During blizzcon.

Would make no sense, that would basically be “don’t play your character for a week”

No, it won’t.

It’ll be taken on the 18th.

it has to be done during the May 18th maintenance or people are going to be pissed.

Just imagine you get say the tiger mount on May 17th. Then prepatch day rolls around and oops you don’t have that mount anymore because the snapshot was taken on May 12th. Really this situation applies to everything.

The PVP honor question ranking on last week question is bad enough and that applies to only a small amount of the population.

There is no way the snapshot will be taken at any other point than right before release.

3 Likes

Lol just imagine how mad gold farmers would have been of the OP was right lmfao.

Everyone would be mad if the OP was right lol

It’s literally “don’t play at all for a week”

I suspect OP is right. They need to reopen server transfers.

I heard it on Facebook.

2 Likes

Definitely true then.

1 Like

Yer doin’ it right!

Correct. Classic Blizzard. They haven’t “confirmed” anything with that blue post. “Right before” could mean today, next Tuesday, or June 1st. Who knows.