Snagged, stunned, slow, stun, snagged

This is what it feels like to chase an EFC these days.

If DR is working, should I be slowed for 60 seconds straight as I cross the field ?

I know there are different " classes " of DR but come on. This is getting ridiculous.

Warrior slow is different than lock or mage slow and rogue snare is different than either ? Then the monk slow and shammy slow are different as well.

It sucks.

Rant over.

1 Like

Honestly man I know it’s annoying, but I love it. There is just sooo much cc, slowing, fearing, hex, poly, clone, etc. going on in this game. I get totally excited when a flag map queues because it’s the game type where I have my most individual impact on a win/loss as an HPal.

Hilariously this comes from a mage…

4 Likes

I know but I have only one trinket to remove cc. Shimmer doesn’t remove snares like blink does. All I can do move the snare with me.

I am pretty sure there is no DR on snare effects.
If there was frost bolt, crippling poison, and frost DK would be useless.

You’re a frost mage, so slow them too. If it’s a druid, getting freedom, or being dispelled, you’re SOL.

For sure. Most fc in my experience are druids, DH or monk. Hard to keep em slowed for sure.

The ctf maps aren’t the favorite but truth be known, my frostie carries more weight in a ctf and so, I’ll take it.
Fun is as fun does … :sunglasses:

1 Like

slows dont DR.

I think Chains of Ice is by far the most egregious of them all. Yes, I’m a Druid and I can shift out of it. That’s not the point. I’m of the opinion that no CC should be both instant and spammable.

3 Likes

I’d rather be slowed for 60 seconds straight than stunned for about 10 seconds.

Next expansion they need to simplify PvP down to the basic rock, paper, scissors approach. Seriously prune the hell out of every ability and build the classes from the ground up.

The current system turned into an arms race where everyone has similar acting abilities. Seriously, how many classes have a form of blink? A shield? A snare? A root? I can go on and on. I can create a new character and class and nearly fill my action bars with duplicate abilities from my previous character.

2 Likes

Don’t worry they’re introducing a new pvp trinket with a stun ability, so now every opponent in your bg will have an extra stun on top of their class toolkit! :slight_smile:
I was just thinking this game didn’t have enough long stuns in a burst meta that can gib you in 2 gcd’s.

1 Like

Troll or no? Because that sounds kind of hilariously dumb on Blizzards behalf.

You forgot sap X 3 followed by blind. Just wait until next season when everyone can get lightning lasso.

2 Likes

why do damage when you can annoy skirmishers to death

LOLOLOLOL…you love it because you are immune…nuff said…

on my old 39’s i would farm a rare elite for a trinket called tidal charm for that exact reason.

I’m immune to snares and stuns? This is news.

I play the game at MMRs where people actively use their kits to stop me from getting across the field nearly as much as they do the FC. If you ever got high enough to experience it you might understand how goofy telling me I’m immune sounds.

…interesting…all the traps I use that are ignored my pallies are a figment of my imagination?..

Yes, me explaining that every game I queue is against top 5-10% players, as one of the most targeted class/roles is definitley similar to you bubbling a few traps in a random BG.

You win.