"Smurfing doesnt stop anyone from hitting their rating"

And the lowest participation we have ever seen…it’s almost like people do care about meaningful progress but want a fair fight.

And easiest? More like most alts we have ever seen taking slots in post 2.4 and top 5k ever.

Ie. Free glad isn’t the answer.

3 Likes

Fated season

1 Like

I mean, s4sl wasn’t this big of a drop off. Or this alt dominated

What? :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

There’s like 4x the amount of people who have this gladiator and it’ll go up to like 8-10x by the end.

2 Likes

What metric do you want to compare?

Glad =/= participation. Lol wut? Easy glad is not a solution.

Don’t get me wrong I think Ag’s fix is kinda ridiculous but I don’t really think this addresses the issue either…

Playing vs smurfs is just unfun. Whether you achieve your goals or not. When I’m playing rocket and some guy double flip reset double taps on me I simple log off and go play something else. The same thing happens in this game.

Again, not saying I have any suggestions at all. I don’t, there is no easy fix. Just saying I do think it’s a problem.

Okay, but, like, they’re usually playing where they should be as a team

Like if somebody bumps into my alt warr at 1900 2s it’s because I’m playing with a friend whose lone contribution to that game is gonna be to press spirit link when somebody targets them for more than 2 seconds

When I do threes I don’t really check if they’re alts, or smurfs tbh. I honestly don’t care because they’re all bad. Now give me glad mount please.

Yeah, whole lot of people getting their first dragon this season what with how free it is.

Better a mega artificially inflated season than never, though.

1 Like

Do you think that rocket League partner is doing much other than being a potato? Not really. Still pretty unfun.

Yeah you might not be able to carry quite as hard on wow on an alt. Still you are not a 1900 player playing at 1900. And if you’re playing with a friend that’s bad then you were playing at a lower rating at some point and absolutely smurfed on some people.

So again, not sure if there even is a fix. It’s just not fun for people getting smurfed on. Nothing you can say counters that.

Are you sure about that?

Yeah, but gotta remember that our winrate is stable around whatever rating we’re meant to be for one reason or another. Gear, trying new comp, playing with friends, gearing friends, just hanging out, whatever.

It feels bad to lose to a higher exp player buttttttt the matchup generally isn’t as bad as it seems, at least outside of placements.

Again, all of these solutions are worse than the current system.

While there IS a climbing period for smurfs/smurf teams, they very quickly reach the rating they’re supposed to be at. I played some games on an alt druid the other day and in 6 games i was at 2500 mmr. Six games. The first 3 WERE against 18-2200 players, almost all of whok had a previous glad and/or shuffle legend title. The next three were against teams with at least one current/previous glad (2/3 were playing a different class, though).

Those 6 games are not going to significantly impact anyone, and my mmr went right to where it should be based on who I was playing with.

All these proposed suggestions are so much more convoluted and do more harm than good to the system by making it harder for people to play with friends.

I don’t beleive you. 6 wins in a row is not enough to take you from 1800mmr to 2.5 you are lieing.

or your talking about 36 round of solo shuffle.

If anything the current system is already too anti-smurf

I queue my fourth warr my first lobby is 2400 like c’mon

I think I won 8 in a row on my assa rogue alt I haven’t queued 2s on since corrupted and we’re like 2350 or something. MMR is very quick to adjust if you’re streaking up to where you should be playing.

1 Like

3v3, but the people I was playing with were NOT fresh characters. So there was definitely some averaging going on, but that is ALSO to be expected.

Placement games are unqiune.

Still bull, you did not que 1800 and end at 2500 after 6 games outside of placements. Like why are you lieing? That is litterally outside of the band of the maximum movement MMR can do post placement games.

What are you talking about, they were absolutely my placement games?!

bro, we are talkking about peoiple palyhing at lower MMR

And they don’t play there long? Look at thiccbiscuit and nick’s stream from last night. They went 13-7 with an arcane mage they’re carrying to glad for gold. They went from 23 to 2700 mmr and he went from 22 to almost 2400 cr.