SMALL question

18 PvE
18 PvP
4 RP-PVE
2 RP-PVP

2 Likes

Elo is that you leveling a forum alt? Lol. Wish they would just tell us. At this point I’d suspect they would have a framework.

If we guess right, do we win the jellybeans?

Who is “Elo”? I agree, I would like to see Blizzard tell us their expectations and their plan for best and worst case scenario. It would really make me feel better knowing they have a backup plan and what exactly it is.

1 Like

Lol. Another forum poster that makes very well thought out and well formatted posts like yours. :smile:
They were talking about making a forum alt the other day. Was a poke at fun. Nothing else intended my friend.

Edit to add: Yea they need to release this info so we can get some ideas.

1 Like

Whoa, slow down, Schrodinger.

While that may be true, his math is way more on than some of these people expecting 3 to 5 servers.

True, there will be way more than 3-5 servers.

haha. that was classic. :sparkling_heart:

you have the potential to have returning players from vanilla, tbc, wotlk, cata, mop, wod and legion. that’s alot of potential. over a decade’s worth of lost subs.

No one knows for sure. But i would start with, how many were there in early 05? Probability less than that. How much less is the question.

if we knew
how many unsubbed in vanilla because tbc came out,

how many unsubbed because arena and flying in tbc ruined wpvp supposedly,

how many unsubbed because wotlk came out, because of gear score and lfd,

how many unsubbed because cata came out, because cata talent trees, cata punishing healers, the growing toxicity of lfd and the content drought,

how many unsubbed because mop came out, because pandas,

how many unsubbed because wod came out, because flying removal, because pathfinder, because emfh, because professions, because garrison, because content drought,

how many unsubbed because legion came out, because faction imbalance went nuclear, because pathfinder, because allied race grind was lopsided in horde favor,

then we might have a better idea what the potential is.

1 Like

You forgot all the lost subs in bfa. Because bfa. Lol

lol assumed they are the smallest statiscal number due to the fact of the previous unsubs from earlier expacs. and because most who play it and unsubbed, didnt unsub because it lost its vanilla quality mmorpg features, but because they are waiting for new retail content that is interesting to them. these are the people that view classic as a threat to retail (or they’d be subbed right now for a chance at stress testing/beta testing, classic)

1 Like

Small but still a number. It still counts. Some of them are here. Lol

i is one but i dont think classic is a threat to retail. classic will drop off after tourists leave, and just steadily grow from other rpg fans, since retail isnt an rpg at this point, more of an adventure game. different audiences that will likely share players to some degree since same sub and then settle on the one they like best.

if ion will just quit thinking like a dev for a bit and think like a player, retail will do fine. they have been ignoring player requests for years now, on one of the most important decisions a player makes - the race of their character. let me show you just how serious this is, how important this type of stuff is to the players. click that and go look at the work they put into that. its insane.

1 Like

Goth elves. I’m going to need some time to read this…

I appreciate your faith on the last two!

same thing has been happening for years for silver covenant high elves as playable alliance race. and ogres as playable horde race. instead, looks like they are set on giving horde vulpera (and maybe those goblins with the funny ears…giblins?) and alliance mechagnomes.

Thanks yall for helpin a gnomer out

Sounds like nobody knows the number, which I can work with. Players will likely communicate plenty on which server they’ll be playing instead of assuming one or the other.

Tyty