Slyvanas is not a bad character

Hi in my previous thread i discussed how the writers were simping for her. In this thread shockingly i will discuss why she is a good character. See slyvanas is much like us she grows and evolves as a person.

• When she died the first time she was being chained up into being arthas slave she had to watch her people die in front of her faces. This is bound to physiologically scar you and change your output on life and the world in general. So it is not out of reason this is how she would end up in the current present.

And my second point is how she was pushed this way. After the fall of the lich king Slyvanas is yet again confronted with a choice this time however she chooses to kill herself again seeing as she is wandering aimlessly without purpose now that she can finally be returned to some semblance of normalcy. By this i mean the peace of the afterlife.

• However what she is confronted with is twisted damnation of horrors beyond compared being ruled by the creator of the one who put her on this path.

• Of course she didn’t know this how could she yet this would have cemented her jaded viewpoint on the world as a whole. If there is no peace in the afterlive then what hope is there. This is probably what she meant to that night elf when she says “Can’t I” she already lost all her hope knowing the fate that awaits her. See slyvanas has no morals either due to her already seeing where she would end up in the world of warcraft version of hell she has no reason to hold back anymore.

• Before she al Beit morally conflicting had a noble purpose in destroying the lich king for vengeance. However where she ended up now removed that noble purpose meaning it was all for naught. She has been pushed further and further into darkness by other people her actions can’t be wholly blamed on her after all she wouldn’t have ended up like this if it wasn’t for the jailer or arthas.

• I fully expected her to end up in Bastion before she got turned into a banshee but arthas stripped any chance of that happening to her. So my conclusion is slyvanas is more of a victim by circumstances forced upon her by other people then herself.
    The only time i can truly say she is at fault is what she had done after being brought back yet again by the valkyr but even then we don’t know if the jailer has been influencing her thoughts and actions.

2 Likes

Ufff Zarno could you please format this text a bit more?
Some parapgraphs and structure?

Don’t want to be mean, so sorry for that, but a wall of text like this is really hard and unappealing to read.

Sorry i am still new to the fourms hehe.

It’s all fine just a small request to make it more readable.

She is an awful character when she’s a mary sue that can burn children alive and still be considered “not evil” for that. Also getting shoved into every single expansion and every single cinematic.

5 Likes

Not going to excuse her actions because i have problem with no consequence however i do think she isn’t this emotionless zombie. After all she did allow the forsaken to meet up with their living relatives and still felt some sort of emotion for them. EDIT: by excuse her actions i mean the ones from cata going forward i have issues with what she did but it is understandable given you dive deep into her psyche she might be the most complex character emotionally.

I will be unpleasantly surprised if Blizzard tries to spin it as her being “not evil” after all, but I assume the previous interviews and stuff were just them trying to string the players along and not outright admitting it like they did with Garrosh before MoP came out.

3 Likes

This is just speculation on the players part and we can’t trust what blizzard said. they did say she wouldn’t be garrosh 2.0 but she ended up sort of like that.

Not if they pull a “Draenor is free” on her instead of the jailer.

That will be incredibly disappointing if they do.

SYLvanas. It’s SYLvanas.

6 Likes

Well here you have a psychatric dilemma:

1. No matter the circumstances a person is growing up or has to endure, he still has the ability to decide and reflect.
    Thus it means that he has the cognitive capability to combare his deeds he is about to inflict onto others with the ones he endured.

So in this hypothetical scenario the person who endured pain and suffering and thus knows first hand how awefull it is, but still decides to inflict it upton others are actually even more evil than other people.

However:
2. There seem to be psychological mechaniques that do influence the decision making processes and evaluation of situations in such a case, so it is hard to say how much of the deeds above have been influenced.

No matter what:
If we claim every offender is in fact a victim and thus not responsible for his crimes, we have a huge problem with our judicial system.

Tis is however also not the case since that would mean the person wouldn’t be able to decide in the first place and has no free will.

Long story short:
Sylvanas is from this point of view evenmor evil, dispicable and disgusting. And the only way it would be otherwise is, if she would have been mindcontrolled all the time.

I dont think she is being mind controlled per say but i think she was being influenced by the jailor sort of how bolvar was trying to resist him

Well I could aswell try to influence you by saying: “Hey want to kill some people from florida they deserve it for reasons?” but then you would still have to agree or decline. Which is your decision and your respobsibility.

I mean slyvanas was already in a piss poor mental state after wrath seeing as she committed suicide

Sure.

I am convinced that a lot of murderers and people who commit horrible crimes have mental issues.
That doesn’t by any means attone them form anything.

And Sylvanas is not a badly written character because she does evil deeds, but how the writers have her cheat and win with the storytelling to make it happen.

Sylvanas as a “person” is actually a believable character.
The how she is written and that she achieves things that would actually be impossible by physics alone, is what people hat about her.

How writers! shove the character into our face.

I want to point out a couple of things here.

I agree that Sylvanas was not responsible for the evil she did under the Lich King’s influence and when she broke free of his control.

And then others broke free and sought her out. She became their icon leader. Their light of hope for redemption.

But where she started becoming evil was after she killed herself on Icecrown. That was just beginning.

When the val’kyr appeared to here and offered their lives for her, this is where she started going wrong.

She then started playing around with the blight and using it on the living. Testing and dissecting on the living. And her deeds got worse.

When one who is control of themselves start doing such things, they are no longer redeemable.

So, no, she does not deserve redemption for that. She knew what she was doing and even created the Forsaken motto, “Death to the Living!”

She was evil before.
Her and teh Forsaken were doing evil things since classic. Look at the apothecracy who were experimenting on humans for example.

I know. I’m just trying to remember the timeline of when she did what.

Also I want to point out, as a leader, she had no right to abandon those Forsaken that looked to her for guidance and hope.

For that, she has more to answer because of her selfish decisions.

At least he didn’t spell it ‘‘Sylvanus’’ like I see so often.

1 Like