Slowly Fixing the Night Elf Identity

So far the Night Elf Customization Options is good, Wandering Ancient just won the Free Mount Vote, and Ardenweald is looking like a good place for all Night Elves.

Blizzard for the most part is making amens for their mistakes in the past including BFA. Now if we just see Night Elves have more Customization Options like Druidic Options, Highborne Options, Respect for the Story like giving them a Home, capturing Ashenvale, Healing Felwood, Stonetalen Mountains, and destroying that Horde Border wall in the Barrens for the Night Elves to have gain control for their lands. It’ll be good. Also Tyrande ether A goes back to Normal of being a Moon Priestness or B the most craziness of ideas making her into a Winter Queen. Also giving Maiev more Screentime as well as other Night Elf Characters.

If there are some wishes I would like to see Blizzard actually do is have the Archer Armor Wearable like the Garrision Footman Armor and of Course the Heritage Armor like Warden or the Warcraft 3 Version of the Archer Outfits.

So far. The Night Elf Identity is slowly being fixed up for the most part. I just wish everything was in order. Also wish the Undead Race as a whole would get a better treatment in terms of lore, customization options, and etc.

9 Likes

As someone who mains a Troll Druid, I am very tired of “night elf identity”.

20 Likes

You can’t get enough of the Night Elf Identity or other race. Unless if you want to see Human and Orc Themes over and over again.

This is someone who plays Humans and would like to a see a change in variety.

1 Like

lol trolls get something big almost every xpac

11 Likes

What’s a Troll Druid bring to the table that the rest of their culture doesn’t? It’s all Loa worship.

I was stuck in an elven forest for the entirety of Legion and I turn into a deer.

At least give me leather armor that fits trolls or a turtle glyph or something, I don’t want to be an elf anymore :frowning:

5 Likes

I mean, I do like those. But it’s just cosmetic fluff. And while cosmetic fluff is the main reason I play these days, repairing Night Elven identity is going to take alot of genuine hard work, story-wise, and alot of genuine shows of competence outside of Stormwind’s orbit. Starting with the meaningful justice for Teldrassil that we know they won’t get.

14 Likes

Except for WoD. Unless if I left something out in the Garrisons.

If there is any kind of Justice for Teldrassil it would be saving not only all of the souls from the maw but also capturing Ashenvale as a whole and tearing down the Border wall in the Barrens. But I know it won’t happen because peace treatly or Blizzard just didn’t want to give the Alliance lands back or be seen as the aggressors against the horde.

It is and I kinda RP it that way, but the class fantasy is very NE-centered, I feel. Especially since Legion.

I know I’m probably asking for too much here, but I’d love some variety.

1 Like

Well, it starts with any degree of accountability beyond “Lol, Sylvanas did it. Isn’t she so terrible?”. Because she didn’t build the catapults. Or lug them across three zones by herself (taking out every population center along the way). Nor did she light them herself, or fire them herself.

Unless Malfurion signs it while Tyrande is gone, the Night Elves technically aren’t bound by the treaty.

5 Likes

Night Elves need:

• to reconquer Ashenvale, no reason for it to be a Horde zone
  • Darkshore repaired and a new proper home, also Hyjal to be Night Elf territory
  • Their souls saved from the maw (although we already know that this is only partly happening) and preferably resurrected
  • Justice for Teldrassil, at the very least Sylvanas, but it should have been her loyalists too - If the Night Elves genocide will somehow end up being a heroic thing, the race will look like a joke even more

In order for justice to be achieved, Sylvanas (and her loyalist NPCs) need to go down, but that will never ever happen

10 Likes

IMO the worst thing to happen to night elves in shadowlands so far is them being tied to the night fae. I mean it is so predictable given the night fae being all about planting flowers etc etc and well druidism and animals and fae stuff.

I mean there is more to night elves than that. there is the gothic stuff that is easily tied into revendreth, aside from that there is probably some sinful beings in night elf society etc etc.

Was kinda surprised that necrolords didnt have kurtalos.

1 Like

new Alliance hero class
:full_moon:Moon Hunter

new Horde hero class
:bust_in_silhouette:Shadow Hunter

its time

10 Likes

What is a Moon Hunter?

While I think they really need to resolve this current plotline with the NEs (which has been a hell of a mess) and give them a new home (both of which apply to the forsaken too at this point), I think we really need to see some love to some of the other races. Over all in WoW, the Night Elves have had a lot of screentime. Not as much as the Humans but they are pretty much coming in second. Most of the other races are way overdue for some love and frankly the Worgen and the Gnomes have been waiting way longer to get their homes back. The Dwarves, who are one of the strongest nations in the Alliance, haven’t really done much beyond having a token presence in several expansions. In some ways it is even worse on the Horde side. Tauren lore is pretty undeveloped and their relevance in the Horde is threadbare at best.

I also don’t see exactly what attacking a Horde border fortification which is on the edge of Horde territory counts as justice. Let them build their own wall if they want but the Horde is perfectly justified in controlling access to their territory. Turning Tyrande into the Winter Queen, a literal member of the pantheon of Death, is ridiculous. I mean it is like suggesting Vol’jin become a titan.

People also seem pretty easy on ignoring all the psycho crap Maiev got up to with her own people in the past. She murdered Highborne and Worgen in Teldressil and Jarod’s ‘oh I am sure she must have been under some bad influence’ is a cop out without anything actually backing it up.

At least they had a zone they have a tie to. Many races are out of luck on that regard. Still not sure where something like an orc or a goblin is supposed to fit.

2 Likes

Think there is a grummle in maldraxxus (there is a ghoul that mentions “luckydos” alot and has the same voice)

Basically a Moonpriestess. (look WC3 Tyrande)
Riding a Nightsaber in full plate armor, lasering down oponents and encouraging her surrounding Sentinels.

What I think is necessry for NEs.
At first we need a change in narrative:

1. Get their identiy of ferocious unyielding warriors back. The night warrior Questline and 8.1 did a step in that direction. Tyrandes stance of scre off anduin is also a welcome change in that part.

2. Get their Lands completely back and fortified.
    In Lore Darkshore and Ashenvale are basically back but it is all not reflected ingame. This has to change.

3. Take the fight TO the enmy instead of defending. Instead of Sentinels defneidng Ashenvale from the Horde, have them attack the Horde.

Then we need to talk about fixes for BFA:

1. Sylvanas. Big Elephant in the room. Nathanos is a start but he, whiel guilty as hell especially for what happened in Darkshore, is just a pawn.

2. Reperation and repercussion. Have the Horde bleed for NEs, we don’t want them to be genocided, but they have to pay and it needs to be reflected and shown that they stuggle to meet the demands. It doesn’t suite NEs at all to genocide them, but NEs have their own justice Sytsem in terms of wardens. So ->

3. Denazification. Nurnburg trial. Have the NEs or Horde themselves rally up the resonsibles. Those who participated , those who commit atrocities (Not just the burning!) and have them handed over to the Wardens to face their justice by their hands. We have them for a reason, they are feared for a reason.
    Sylvanas was not alone and it was CLEARLY shown that parts of teh horde happyly commited the atrocities. The whole voicelines of teh Forsaken in Darkshore tell a complete story. WoT tells a story with Lorash etc.

There are more in Orgrimmar than just the orc mother, there are murderers responsible for killing civillians and rallying them up. Attacking on refugees etc.
We have a lot of Loyalists still who are represented party by the players but can be seen as a number of NPCs who are also onthis course. Hand them over to NEs to face justice.

And last restoration of tee status quo:

1. Restore Teldrassil, or Hyjal as a complete NE zone and capital. I can live with both, both have their advantages.

2. Ressurect ALL the NEs. Period. Necessary to put an end over that awefull story arc. Simple as that.

4 Likes

I agree. These are nice new features but they do nothing to fix what’s happened. They first need a new home and to have their zones reflected to show that they’ve taken them back.

They also need to stop equating everything about the Night Elves with nature and druidism. The Elunite priests get zero attention and are constantly sidelined in favor of the “Light”. That needs to stop.

10 Likes

Hey now. We got an entire patch about the High Priestess of Elune not being able to kill a single archer.

3 Likes

You mean the Night Warrior and Malfurion combined and then BOOM, revenge for Teldrassil achieved.

They get dungeons where they are killed off. With exception with WoD and Legion. Their identity is to get their capitals raided and leaders killed off. Thank you for such “big lore”.

20 Likes