SL PvP Illusion - Sinful Flame

https://imgur.com/oMTLfBa
Particle Density: Ultra

3 Likes

i never thought the black flame people say they want had any chance of looking good

feelin vindicated by this thing

i dont like

1 Like

This… this looks terrible. lol. I can’t wait to get it and put it on everything.

6 Likes

i am goth and i do not approve of this

8 Likes

Doesn’t look good at all, not even comparable to Glorious and Demonic tyranny.

9 Likes

It looks good on weapons which have very few “glow points”, and Tyrannies look patchy (BfD Axe), or on weapons which have built in glows by default, because those glowy parts are unaffected by the enchant (CM Polearm), but make the rest of the weapon a lot darker.

You can try it out yourself on Beta/PTR, paste this into chat:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffa335ee\124Hitem:XYZ:6266:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Sinful Flame]\124h\124r");

Where you replace the XYZ with the itemID of the weapon you want to test it on. You can get the itemIDs from either Wowhead urls or addons made for this.

For example, Crash of Tides (BfD Axe) - 165602:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffa335ee\124Hitem:165602:6266:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Sinful Flame]\124h\124r");

Or Cloudsong Glaive (CM Polearm) - 118409:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffa335ee\124Hitem:118409:6266:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Sinful Flame]\124h\124r");

Enchants in Dressing Room can be buggy tho and be a lot more faint than ingame, so try equipping a different illusion from the Collection panel, then clicking the Sinful Flame weapon link again.

it looks incomplete, but i feel like we’ve never seen an incomplete enchant before, only bugged (primal victory)

also its not even black

hoping this isnt the finished product

7 Likes

Looks awful tbh

Make it legitimately black, and way up the particle density and it would be ok

4 Likes

If they up the particle density on that thing, can they go back and fix the MoP enchant too? ):

1 Like

And dreadflame, and primal victory, and demonic tyranny

3 Likes

i like it, will be great for some of my more darker mogs!

Needs to be darker.

5 Likes

Looks like pulsing black sand. Could have easily made the flames look like this but scaled down in size and black:

Would be cool if it were an actual black flame, but it more looks like glowing grey cloud shooting out radio waves?

1 Like

at 0:22 i thought it was a dozer video :flushed:

1 Like

Gotta find the right weapon for it. Some daggers have a gigantic glow (no not that silly Northrend dagger with a sword model) or weapons that have their own particle effect and can still show an enchant.

Edit: Might look great with some of the MoP “Sha” weapons.

I like that it turns the weapon itself black as well. Similar to the visions purple and pre-order blue enchants. I wouldn’t be opposed to having more static “flames” and a little less smoke though :wink:

Yea I think that’s cool too.

I wonder what it’d look like on the dagger from firelands that has the pink glow on it already. Does it turn that glow black?

I can’t remember 100% but I think it varies from weapon to weapon. I’ll have to test when I get home but I was pretty sure it mostly replaced the initial glow to around 80-100% of the new color depending on how that weapon was programmed.

Still dope either way

1 Like