SL) Outlaw Conduit "Slight of Hand" looks really underwhelming

Just read the feedback from the Beta forum.

Outlaw potency conduits look more underwhelming than I expected.

My initial thoughts/theorycrafting about those conduits were:
Main Gauche conduit - maybe Mastery might be valuable in AOE?
RtB buffs from Ambush/Dispatch conduit - kinda put it there n forget type of conduit; this is from Legion Tier set effect.
Sin Strike triple hit conduit - maybe Skull & Crossbones favored?

But one thing I didn’t get at all from the initial datamining was “Slight of Hand” which you have chance to completely resetting RtB cooldown. The text was ambiguous to understand, and the effect was kinda against the initial changes Outlaw received when going into SL; no more constant rerolling of RtB for fishing better buffs. At first I thought it would refresh the cooldown and give additional buff(s) if RtB again, but it seems the feedback from Beta confirms it’s just a flat out cooldown refreshing and nothing else.

This is underwhelming to say the least, or down right “insulting” (quote from the feedback) in several levels.

1. RtB costs 50 energy - if I were to get refresh, it’s basically 100 energy! This just breaks all of our core rotations. Back to back rerolling is the past thing in SL due to high energy cost and cooldown; why is this conduit designed like this? WHY IS THIS CONDUIT EVEN IN THE GAME???
  2. Already mentioned in the feedback - if I got the desired buffs (like Ruth Preci), I wouldn’t want to reroll until they are about to run out. This conduit basically goes against that. Sure, I do have a choice to not to reroll even if the cooldown is reset, but then what is the purpose of this conduit to begin with? It’s a waste of a conduit slot.
  3. This conduit simply doesn’t work with Outlaw talent Loaded Dice. After rolling to get two buffs, and then you realized your RtB cooldown is reset. Where is a value in this conduit? I cannot see any reasons to put this in my Potency slot.
  4. Again, the constant rerolling RtB is a thing of the past. A lot of rogues hated it (but got used to it), and it’s now gone. Why is this brought back as one of main power increment features of SL? Where is your philosophy, Blizz? Haven’t you guys tested this thing at all?

This conduit need immediate rework (like additional chances to give more than one buff) / removed from the conduit list and changed with a new conduit. This thing has no place in Outlaw Conduit system. ZERO VALUE.

5 Likes

Agree.

Honestly several rogue conduits are pretty bad. Perhaps not THIS bad…but still.

3 Likes

Here’s a list of all the ones that are, imho, underwhelming;

Lethal Poisons: Increases the non-periodic damage of your lethal poisons by 30%.
This even at max rank just makes deadly go from 4.5% ap to 9% ap. Whoopdie doo. I’d rather see an increase to periodic damage, or BOTH periodic and instant by a smaller amount.

(Also the lack of any potency effecting bleeds in any way for Sin) Like…WTF?

Rushed Setup - Energy cost of KS, CS, Distract, and Sap reduced by up to 45%
The percentage decrease to these is laughable considering their already low (and sometimes free CS for sub) cost. It simply pales in comparison to the other options. I’d rather see a flat reduction by maybe 25 at the max rank so at least KS is free and the other’s get a really good cost reduction rather than the % reduction which is generally super underwhelming (or a complete rework / deletion and addition of something better).

Going back to the OP’s critique of Slight of Hand…it’s just…horrible. We already are given Count the odds, which is the ONLY type of benefit to RtB that’s desirable and amenable. We simply do not need Slight of Hand.

3 Likes

I don’t believe, for a second, that any thought what so ever was put into this conduit.

2 Likes

#insert “we heard you hated rerolling RTB so we took out RtB rerolling so you can receive more RtB rerolling” meme.

3 Likes

There are quite a few conduits that seems either broken, or super underwhelming. Sadly, it seems most of them are just… what?
I am hoping blizz does something about these, but honestly these wont be changed until after SL releaes.

Probably just tuned it in a spreadsheet and called it a day. :+1:

The reason this seems weak is because if it was made any stronger it would push Dashing Scoundrel to really high DPS gains. Conduits are not meant to be looked at in a vacuum but rather with all other systems added on top of them.

This is a Finesse Conduit and honestly compared to the other options is just as strong. This is the only one that is useful in an M+ setting, as you are not going to dodge in Raid/M+ environment and Cloak CD reduction is only marginally useful in M+. Quick Decisions is only useful in PvP.

AND no changes to Slight of Hand… Oh I’m sorry, it’s Sleight of Hand!! F ing great.

Does it even do anything at this point?

2 Likes

Bummer. Is Blizzards intent that some conduits never get used? or do you eventually fill all your conduits?

It must be. Many of them are downright awful.

1 Like

Unless they actually tune main gauche to deal much more damage then I never see mastery being a good stat for outlaw.