SL new tamable snake models?

Was going to ask on petopia but can’t create an account since the account activation email has never appeared despite repeated attempts.

Anyways, I’m extremely interested if any hunters in the beta are able to confirm whether or not the ground snakes and python models are now tamable, petopia listed them as upcoming looks but then in the petopia forums under a topic a admin/mod posted an update in july for the untameable list with them on it saying they are not tamable but at the same time the site still lists them as upcoming tamable looks. So it appears that petopia is split on whether these snakes are tamable or not.

This is a pretty specific question i know but hunter has always been my main and snakes were always my favorite and for so many years I’ve hope to see these more regular snake models be tamable. (Petopia also listed the astral cloud serpent/elegon as being tamable and that’s my other favorite, but same thing with the ground snakes, petopia says it’s an upcoming tame but mod topic said it isn’t)

Dunno about snakes but the vulpin look really good.

(bump)

As a long time user of Petopia, that sounds like a very odd issue to me.
I’ll link this forum post to Wain for you.

1 Like

Went and checked a couple. The Bamboo Pythons of Jade Forest (https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=snakeskindarkgreenyellow) are tameable, as are the Swamp Pythons of Tanaan (https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=pythonblack). That’s at least one of each of the two types of “ground python” model that are tameable, so I’d expect that probably all are. I don’t have time to check more, though =/

1 Like

Was going to ask on petopia but can’t create an account since the account activation email has never appeared despite repeated attempts.

Hi Nazgul,

I’m sorry about the registration issues with Petopia. It turns out the mail server we use has been incorrectly placed on a block list for some mail providers (I know hotmail and msn were affected). It seems to have happened some time within the last week. We’ve now switched mail servers so hopefully you can register.

Please let me know if you still have issues, or you can mail us directly from the “contact us” link on the main forum page.

Thanks Ushi, for letting me know:)

Wain

2 Likes

Also, in answer to your question: yes! Pretty much all old, ground-style snakes and pythons will be tameable as soon as the pre-patch hits:

I’m unsure which contradictory post you’re referring to, but it sounds like it was an old one, well before they were set tameable (which happened in August, I think, or maybe late July).

2 Likes

Flagging pets as tameable always seems to happen fairly late in the beta cycle, or at least it did for Legion and BfA.

A ton of thanks for the confirmation, deeply appreciated and now overjoyed for snakes :snake:. Also i use hotmail so that explains it.

This was the post i referenced, one of yours

Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:56 pm
[Wain]
[Re: Shadowlands Alpha/Beta Beast Thread]

“I’ve updated the untameable models page with a bunch more stuff, including firehawks & phoenixes, skeletal / firelands hellhounds, the astral cloud serpent (Titan construct model), and the two ground snake models”

The way i read it sounded like it meant that you had added these models/beasts to the untameable page, as in untamables, which confused me because the snakes/etc were still displayed on the petopia tamable models list and i did a keyword search for “snakes” in that thread to see if there was ever a later reversal to the “snakes on the untamables list” post but i didn’t see one so didn’t know what to make of it.

Thanks again.

1 Like