SL Balance - Rotation Suggestions

Now that we have more time, what do you want to see for Balance as far as rotation and such; here are some of my rough ideas to make it more FUN and interactive:

First, remove eclipse.

DOTS
Do some of what they did to spriest. They make a few things baseline like stellar flare and full moon (both astral). Add talents that let stellar flare add the other two or a talent ability to apply all three instantly. Fury of elune could be a talent to replace stellar flare with an instant cast higher damage aoe “dot” as an unavoidable beam, and part of that talent causes ticks of moonfire and sunfire to reduce it’s one minute cooldown by .5 secs.

Full Moon
Moreover, full moon as astral power baseline with the same recharge and cooldown has also a baseline interaction with wrath and starfire reducing the cooldown of the charge meter by x number of seconds (many classes and specs have these interactions). So as you are building astral power still for starsurge and starfall, the biggest damage, you are also getting faster recharges on the heavier hitting full moon abilities to sprinkle in as AP builders.

A talent for this newly worked full moon could be that once full moon is cast and lands on it’s target, it also causes a wave of astral fragments to hit 1 sec later (like echoing shock). Or that your next starsurge or starfall after 3 secs is free (so not to be too bursty) and change the legendaries related to this same function.

Mastery
Finally, our mastery could possibly be the eclipse system reincarnate by having it provide a scaling buff like starlord that doesn’t refresh but starts as you cast one of the schools of magic and ramp it up for ST or AoE situations. Just a thought.

I think people care more about a fun rotation than an awkward RP eclipse sytem anyway.

1 Like

I would 120% love to return to the Legion model used for Moonkin. Builder-spender with Full Moon as a baseline rotational ability. Please get rid of Eclipse.

4 Likes

I have the feeling that with the Prepatch going live on Oct 13 the majority of class changes will be sticking.

The delay in my mind is tied due to fact the borrowed power systems are severely out of wack. We have 4 sources at once being introduced. Legion we had 1. BFA we had 3 total each building off the failure the first one was. Azerite->Heart essences-> corruption.

The only way to truly fix classes is to remove borrowed power, because each class/spec has holes built into for the borrowed power to slot into.

On eclipse, they’ve invested a lot of time into it. Lots of blue posts on it. It’s not going away any time soon.

1 Like

I’m almost exclusively playing balance in beta right now and having a really good time. This could just be a me thing, but eclipse is so much more fun throwing in starsurges to increase damage, rather than the boring build/spend it was before.

However, I would really really really like Full Moon to be useable (noticed someone else mentioned this). One of my favorite abilities in the game, and it just doesn’t really have a place right now. Tried a few times to spec back into it, and every time I do, it is a massive damage loss all around trying to weave it in.

1 Like

Sadly maybe true albeit silly. They said they would listen. Few people seem interested or more importantly excited to mundanely rotate eclipses. Starfall having real damage again and shooting stars baseline is great but that’s it… so anti-astronomical for an astronomical themed spec.

Oh nice, glad to hear it’s not so bad otherwise. Use your beta privilege to spam the forums and feedback mediums with suggestions on implementing the new/half/full moon trio into the spec baseline with further interactions. :smirk:

I think one of the bigger issues is pvp options. Do you pvp at all in beta? I feel like eclipse would make pvp potential weaker. We need talents that support our potential to avoid hardcasting or allow our hardcasts to have more impact in pvp.

Eclipse won’t be removed. It’s been changed 2-3 times in beta testing. Astral Power and Eclipse are competing for the same space.

Astral Power is literally Maelstrom. It’s boring and is literally just spell charges for WOD’s resource system of Starsurge and Starfall sharing charges.
Eclipse actually feels different. If they brought back snapshotting Eclipse would be way more fun, but snapshotting is too complex for players apparently.

1 Like