Skyrim. The best game ever made?

I think so. It’s like a favorite blanket. It’s always there for you when you need it. No matter what game I’m playing, I always seem to go back to Skyrim. And how about them Forsworn women?

For me that is watching Star Trek

Morrowind is my favorite. Skyrim is great, but I just can’t find anything more fascinating…the dwemer, the curse, the dreams, levitation…

1 Like

I like Skyrim, it’s a great game. But TO ME, it feels colorless, bland, dull, and no where near as exciting as Morrowind, or Oblivion.

1 Like

i would kill for a game with the beatiful vistas and accesibility of skyrim and the story and depth of morrowind. no other game has lived up to the one of a kind experience that is morrowind.

1 Like

Tell me about it. Even now, I want to play it again…like my 300th play through

There is a group that is trying to recreate Morrowind in the Skyrim Engine. Might be worth a look for you
Googling Morrowind Skyrim Project found the home page for me.

I really wish development could go faster, but I know that’s wishful thinking given how much they have to do. Otherwise my grandkids will certainly love that mod.

I couldn’t get into Morrowind or Oblivion. Those games feel like true sandbox games. I like a semi sandbox feeling to a game but I want the game to give me some direction.

I agree, I think that’s why I liked them even more.

Going back and looking at Morrowind now… good God! It looks terrible! lol.

1 Like

Skyrim for me is just one of those games I keep going back to when I need a great single-player experience. PLUS Mods make it so much better as well.

Right now my current mod setup is all about mimicking survivalist and it’s some of the most fun I’ve had with it. Realistic economy, need to eat, drink, and sleep, with realistic wounds that can devastate you for up to a week at a time if you’re not careful, no fast travel, and weapons and armor that can break if you don’t maintain them. With a weather effect mod as well, you need to stay warm or you could potentially freeze to death.

Plus Combat overhaul so its more brutal, forcing you to focus on dodging, blocking, and staying out of harm’s way makes it so you have to be careful when you go picking fights as well.

It feels almost strategic when you’re in town thinking about what quest you want to achieve next because you can’t just run out to three dungeons in a row and come back with loot and sell for massive profits. You have to balance food, water, supplies, and with gold weight being a thing, think about how you’re going to stash your money if you don’t have a house.