Skyriding toggle ruins Druid Flight Form

100% this. Give us an option to keep flight form static flying while everything else is dynamic sky riding.

4 Likes

Wait do we get 40 talent loadout slots per character now? :smiley:

This applies to every class, the toggle limits on-the-fly choice. It’s the same issue that plagues mount gear.

If the toggle has to stay, fine, but give us a a tick box to exclude/include mounts for a given setting.

5 Likes

I’m amazed that mounts even have a long casting time at this stage of MMOs. There’s no reason for it especially when WoW has no animations unlike GW2 or ESO. It needs to go away.

6 Likes

I’d buy that for a dollar.

3 Likes

Yep! Struggled a bit to figure out how to get this to quote from a locked thread…

2 Likes

So far, I agree with the idea of letting us select specific mounts for either dragonriding or old flying, but I think it’s especially important that we’re allowed to switch without the “need” for a restriction – that is, without being gated behind an achievement that, until completed, blocks players from having access to this setting. There is no conceivable reason for an accessibility setting to be restrictive.

8 Likes

Dragonriding can handle utterly abhorrently with high latency, but I still want to use it to go medium-long distances. Having to spend 5s changing the mode at the start/end of every quest is soul destroying.

Remove the cast time, there’s no need to switch the system away from it’s current implementation on Retail. Let us assign “normal flying” to specific mounts if it is absolutely imperative that the cast time remain for some unknown reason.

4 Likes

Another druid chiming in here, please allow us to select which flying mode we want our druid flight form to be. As it is now I use a dragonriding mount to get around but I LOVE being able to shift into my flight form and go into ‘classic’ flying. It makes maneuvering much easier and being forced into a 5 second toggle everytime just feels horrendously clunky.

Also, frankly? The parrot/druid flight form animations are bad to look at. The wings are so static and it’s not the way a true bird would fly around.

8 Likes

+Support

While I utilize skyriding in all parts of Azeroth to travel great distances quickly, I find myself using classic riding almost exclusively while questing, gathering materials, etc. A 5 second toggle that can only be used while grounded feels clunky and is an absurdly long cast time to give to us since we switch so often.
Please revisit this issue. I support the solution of toggling Skyriding on a per-mount basis, so that this issue is relieved for all classes, as well as providing druids specifically an instant, non-GCD toggle that allows us to switch the style of Flight Form.

4 Likes

The current dragonriding mounts in DF all have mounting animations now (except Polly Roger and Wilderling) which sync to the cast time. I don’t know if the expansion to most other flying mounts also includes this, but the mount cast time itself isn’t even the issue here since we’ve dealt with it for nearly two decades at this point.

The toggle is the egregious addition.

3 Likes

Ah yes, the typical Blizzard fanboy drivel: “Give me everything because I can’t wait 4 seconds.”

This is a feedback forum asking for feedback. The developers are big boys and girls and can, in fact, discern for themselves whether a given piece of feedback is both reasonable and actionable. If you don’t have anything constructive to add, GD is over that way.

Personally, I want the toggle to stay, and I can understand why it might need to be global even if I disagree with those potential reasons. I feel that the toggle should likely be instant, ground-only, to make sure there’s some parity between druids/evokers and regular mounts, but the extra cast time feels more like a punishment than a toggle.

3 Likes

As a main druid, I completely agree. Bad decision by Blizzard to link the flight form with traditional mounts. The flight form needs to be reverted (as it is today in Dragonflight) or have its flight mode chosen separately. This makes the flight form completely lose its function.

4 Likes

There’s never been parity between druids and other classes though, it’s kind of the whole point of druids, insta-shifting is our thing and always has been, whether on land, sea or air. Hurling ourselves off cliffs and hitting flight form just before crashing to earth is our thing.

I’d be fine with it having a CD if it must have something, but having a cast time makes it utterly horrific.

Remember how miserable it felt at the start of Dragonflight when we only had 3 vigor? It kinda feels like that now :frowning:

4 Likes

And this single fact has caused so much whinging about how druid players want everything for nothing that it’s gone past being frustrating to just being sad and boring again. So I’m willing to give a little. I’ll keep my instant-mount-up button so I can jump off a cliff and laugh, but if I want to swap between the zoomies and precision I can pay the same swap tax everyone does.

Ideal world, we could all designate mounts we want to keep as static mounts (the friendship crab comes to mind for me) and ones that we want skyriding on, and everyone can have an option for each on their bar, and druids and evokers instead have the swap button and the go button for evokers.

But I strongly suspect we’re never going to get that ideal world, and want to point out there’s a middle ground between that and giving everyone a giant middle finger.

100% agree, I hate what you’ve done here. Please listen to the feedback. Druid flight form and it’s capabilities are a cornerstone to the class and will ruin the play for many that have loved the druid for decades.

6 Likes

good…my auras dont work for Dynamic flying…so druids have to lose a mount ablity too

Very well said! This was the main reason I couldn’t play my Druids hardly at all in Dragonflight (until S4 when unlocking flying became extremely easy so I did it both in EU & NA lol).

Either way, my logic was “I might as well play any other class since the benefits of my Druids are null and void this expansion (DF)”

1 Like

100% agreed, I was very sad to learn they are the same. Flight form has been a unique thing for druids for a very long time and I think it would be better than not to let us keep a separate skyriding toggle for traditional mounts and our flight form.

Also the toggle needs to be a shorter cast. In Dragonflight it’s 1.5s to switch from a sky(dragon) riding to a regular mount, with no gated restriction. It’s mind boggling this is a thing.

1 Like