Skyriding stopped working at level 20

My skyriding has been disabled for some reason. I created a level 10 evoker in Timerunning, and since level 10, I could perform skyriding on my velocidrake and my Yulei, Daughter of Jade. Once I hit level 20, Skyriding was toggle to “Steady” and I have no option to turn it back on. There is no button for it in my Mounts window, and when I go to Skyriding in my spellbook, I see the flyout when I click the button that shows all of the skyriding abilities, but there is no Switch Flight style. I have used “/cast Switch Flight Style” and nothing happens. When I soar as a dracthyr, it performs like a normal flying mount and I can’t use any Soaring techniques.

Additionally, this only happens on my Timerunning dracthyr evoker. My other characters can use skyriding fine.

3 Likes

Exactly the same problem in the remix. And I saw how many people regretted it

I have the same issue

The problem disappeared after the first character leveled up to level 70. But this is very strange. You can fly from 10 to 20. You cannot fly from 20 to 70)

Im having a similar problem, I started a remix character today before maintenance and I played until the servers were about to shutdown, I did the whole thing, picked up a dragon, did some skyriding, customized it a little bit and then when I came back later after maintenance, at some point I noticed skyriding was off and I had no button or spell to fix it. I read somewhere else that you needed level 20 to unlock the spell to switch style, but after reading this thread I’m inclined to believe it also stopped working for me around level 20. Already sent a ticket, but my hopes are not super high.

I created a ticket and was told they can’t help me. Just told me to make a bug report and reset my settings. This bug seems to be common, but many people aren’t affected and Blizzard hasnt said anything about it. Some people say you need to unlock Dragonriding via the original quests in the Dragon Isles on at least one character for it to work. Idk if thats true. Either way, I can live without it on my other characters but it’s extremely annoying on my Dracthyr.

Can confirm that I have the same behavior. Playing an evoker on MOP remix and have lost the ability to use fast flying. I did indeed investigate a bit, and have checked that I have no option to toggle back from steady flight in my spellbook. The toggle ability that my friends have is not present in my book.

I’m having the same issue

I sadly have the same issue. New Evoker, hit 20 and dragon riding is gone.