Skyriding issue

Hi there.

Skyriding is not as precise as steady flight, and sometimes we need to alternate between them quickly, so it would be nice to have at least one option of steady flight when Skyriding is enabled, and vice versa, because, right now on Beta, to change between them is at least 7.5s

Edit: I’ve taken this part from the EU forum, provided by Futri

“… On live DF I actually use both type of flying. Dragonriding obviously to travel long distance but when I do some wq and have to look for a specific mob or a treasure or objects or anything regular flying with hovering is just way better. It is really handy just to hop on either of the mount and go between the two with their 1.5 sec cast and not having to go through 5 seconds cast every single time. …”

“…Add Switch Flight Style to Skyriding ability and make it instant cast cost 1 vigor and cap flying speed at 420%. When you press it again it would go back to regular dragonriding and up to 705%. No need any further change…”

How is skyriding less precise?

1 Like

Have you tried landing on a branch for a treasure or such, etc while dragonriding?

6 Likes

DH … i can always land on any branch :smile:
But, valid point.

3 Likes

When would you need to quickly swap? Want maybe but need?

You may want switch forms instantly but its hardly exactly a need to thing. It would only be a QOL thing.

Makes you wonder if they could tie skyriding and steady flying to individual mounts. For example I could turn steady flying on for my bee mount, but have another mount have skyriding enabled.

5 Likes

They could, but I think it’d take a lot of server storage to do so, same as why we don’t have a lot of talents loadouts (though they’re increasing it next xpac cause it is needed for gameplay reasons).
Edit: Apparently not, check this provided by Kilturs and Ishayo, From EU

As a player and game developer, QoL for me, as a Shadow Priest example, is to have a glyph that removes Shadowform entirely so I can see my xMog.
But needing to wait 10s to continue a questline or other content is beyond that scope as it is a simple and efficient task to achieve.

Is just having a slot to have 1 mount always having Skyriding and another always having Steady Flight, as we have that Mount Equipment slot

2 Likes

Way less than you think. We wrote a bit about it on the EU forums. Starting here: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/tww-feedback-lets-talk-about-the-5-seconds-cast-time-on-riding-style-change/517223/12

1 Like

Thanks for this reply. I was very asleep when I wrote that and was really wrong (as a code dev I feel ashamed, lol).
Nevertheless it is something they could easily do.

1 Like

Don’t worry mate, easy mistake. First thing you see is “additional data” * “many mounts” * “many players”. So it’s an easy mistake even while completely awake, writing on a forum. :slight_smile:

And to be honest, even what we did write there was so full of assumptions. We don’t even know, if blizz is really using an RDBMS, could be something like MongoDB or Cassandra as well. Not sure if Blizz ever did release any information about such.

1 Like

You’re right, though no matter what they use, is easy to achieve and we should have it done in due time to TWW release.

1 Like