Skyriding and standard flying

No, I agree with you… just rambling on some other unrelated details.
This is so easily fixed that it seems to come down to purely being about Ions hatred of old flight, not anything he couldnt actually remedy IF he were inclined to.

Putting someone in charge of this game who CLEARLY has a bone to pick with old developers was certainly a horrible idea.

That said…i wondered where this thread went, I wanted to mute it as well.
some of the comments in these threads are just off the Disgust meter and Im tired of read them (not yours, of course…but some others)

muted

The problem here is that Hazzikostas clearly stated that they are aware TBC flight is an accessibility tool, yet they have randomly locked the accessibility behind an achievement, while leaving the flight mode that causes the problems available from the start.

You can. You perch up on a high, mob-free place. Even TBC “hovering” has to be mindful of location.

1 Like

It’s refreshing to read someone who understands this. 100% agree with the ability to afk, but flight also allows the player to avoid engaging with terrain, and mobs.

Fly over the castle wall, or the giant canyon, or up to the top of the cliff while ignoring the switch back roads / ramps going from the bottom to the top. Etc.

Flying allows the player to ignore all of that. To avoid engaging with the world, as you put it.

I get many people love to fly, and don’t care about any of those experiences, and are perfectly happy to just skip over everything and land in the exact best spot to click the quest thing without entering combat.

IMO, now that flying is a permanent feature going forward, I’m very happy that we at least got Dragonriding. It’s way more fun to engage with momentum mechanics than it is to use TBC flying.

Yeah they just put Path Finder as a gotcha in order to use TBC flying…again punish those that rather use TBC flying as its easy for them to use being disabled or elderly…

3 Likes

I just realized that “The Dawnbreaker” is in the rotation of season 1 mythic + dungeons. Which makes it doubly a rush to get normal flying. Even as someone who likes Skyriding than this dungeon needs a lot of controlled landings so gonna have to rush to get the old riding.

The War Within Season 1 Mythic+ Guide - Wowhead

1 Like

This is not an accident.

BlizZard is compounding the losses they are taking by making things more difficult for players.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes