Skyfury to Maladath please

I think you misunderstood what they are saying:

This just means, that people on Skyfury should be able to login without a queue. And maybe that’s so, but at the same time it’s part of the whole new-content in Classic appeal, imo.

Enjoy the queues while they last! They won’t be around for much longer. OK, well maybe they aren’t so enjoyable, but at least they are temporary! Here’s to your queues being short and your enjoyment being long!

no, just no
One is pvp the other one isnt

1 Like

I don’t think he understands that you were not picking on him you were merely commenting. I am just as stunned with his response as you are lol.

Agreed, please let us off Skyfury Bliz! I’m fine with PVE if it means I didn’t waste the last week of playing and can actually log in :frowning:

1 Like

If that is what he meant, then yes I misunderstood what he was saying. I do also agree people should be able to play where they choose, but with a blue post saying they do not plan to open any other Fresh realms, the only option I see to help the queue situation on Skyfury. Currently 10k and over a 4 hour queue 260+ mins. Maladath seems like the potential solution.

It not only boosts up Maladaths population, but maybe just maybe brings down Skyfury to something reasonable.

1 Like

Yeah maybe. Personally, I’d rather not see any transfers ever happen. I think we have a healthy population right now, and once people are finished leveling/gearing there won’t be any queues. Not to mention, when wrath content opens up the fresh tourists will go back to their mains and play there. I think we’re in a good place.

Of course, you do make a decent point. I’d just be very disappointed if they opened up transfers of any kind to Skyfury after having stated:

which was quite a compelling part of why I chose to roll fresh for WotLK Classic.

1 Like

Just fing do something ffs this is beyond dumb

U sitting in 4hr queues? We want to play. Let us go. They made a terrible decision. One new fresh pvp sever? SA /oce/ and na all on one fresh sever lol. Come on they created this mess they should atleast let us out.

The key factor though is that they are both fresh realms, and one of them is overflowing with people.

I am 100% behind no transfers from a TBC realm to the fresh, but Maladath and Skyfury both came out at the same time. I dont see any big issue with allowing transfers from Skyfury. Unless they are really concerned it will throw the population balance way off.

But that shouldnt matter either being a PvE server

You can see where I play. Not 4 hours on Skyfury, no, but 3-3.5hour queues most days this week.

I think it’s a great decision. We have a healthy population on a fresh server! It’s not like we haven’t seen queues before, nor is it as though there are no alternatives.

Now, I understand that some people are frustrated with queue times, but every other server has transfers. I don’t want to see Skyfury fall victim to the problems that transfers have caused on other servers.

On any other server, sure… but I sincerely hope not on Skyfury!

I get where you’re coming from, but transfers are unpredictable and have had disasterous affects on other servers. What happens when one faction starts pouring out? R.I.P. Skyfury is what happens. Look at Stalagg, Skeram, Incendius, and all the others from WoW Classic for a peak into the history of server transfers.

I also see your points about faction balance if people are allowed to move from Skyfury. Sadly it doesn’t seem like there is a great solution with out potential big consequences

1 Like

Yeah, true. It would be great if they could somehow increase the size of servers, or maybe offer a second connected server to form a 2-server cluster or some such thing.

Anyway, as much as I understand that it’s frustrating for some people to have to wait in queue, I also really don’t want to see transfers happen on Skyfury, but I do want everyone to be able to enjoy the game.

I’ve got Maladath at 4845 alliance side and census is at level 28 currently. Yeah, it’s growing daily! I don’t know about horde side but from anecdote I saw tons of horde in stv and see loads in outland.

I have it at 5300 alliance when I last checked and like 3400 horde. So I keep seeing people flood in from Skyfury I think.

Yup, the LFG trick that i read on reddit had Alliance at 5400 last night at around 9pm EST, and Horde just over 4000. Almost 10k online at peak times. It would surely get to the 15k player cap if they allowed transfers for a short window from Skyfury to Maladath.

Talked to my friends last night, and the majority of them are 100% on board if they offered it to move off Skyfury

Add cross-servers.

I mentioned that to my friends, they could just do what retail does with its servers, but people want “community” even though these mega servers are New York City. Not sure how you have a community with 10x the population.

I don’t think people would like it. Even though it would solve the problem

1 Like

How about no?
Opening xfers opens a whole can of worms that allows economy abuse and manipulation (along with faction imbalance like you noted). The whole reason my friends and I started on a fresh server was to get a small reprieve from the janked and skuffed economies of TBC.

Its unfortunate, but there were ques on Skyfury from day 1, you couldve easily forseen this problem (its literally a replication of when Classic Vanilla launched) and rerolled or at least tested the waters of Maladath early, like we did.

Youve now made your bed, either lay in it, or burn it up and get a new bed on Maladath.

But dont bring more problems on us just because youre now inconvenienced.

Sorry for the curtness, but its just very selfish and self-centered of you to suggest this, at least imo.

I get you and I understand. I’ve been on Maladath since day 1 because I like PVE and PVP servers seem to get swamped with players. Our playerbase right now is already pretty darn good and… fresh servers shouldn’t allow transfer at all to one another, BUT I don’t see an issue with allowing people on Skyfury to transfer to other servers.

Kinda defeats the purpose of fresh if someone from other servers walk in (even if it is another fresh server).

1 Like

what would doing that actually do tho? you said you probably arent the only ones thatll do the transfer. then maladath will just get queues. itll solve nothing.