Skyboxes and the weather

Some positive feedback!

This went completely under my radar since the start of 10.1, but I recently became aware of Stinky Bright Potions, which do the opposite of the Inky Black Potions that most might be familiar with after playing through Bastion long enough. This addition, coupled with the tweaks recently made to the old zones’ lighting in 10.1.5, convinced me to give a quick shout out to the team for including some new options that even people outside the RP community might enjoy (and the potion lasts 2 hours on top of that, which is amazing!).

Dragonflight itself also launched with two engineering toys to change both the weather and the skybox of a zone (albeit within a fairly small range, unfortunately), but still allowing players to customize the general vibe of a particular area completely, as changes to lighting/skyboxes/weather are among the biggest a player can possibly do.

Brewfest happens to have a handful of drinks that have similar effects that unique to Brewfest itself that would be great to have available in more permanent/portable ways, much like the Bright/Inky Black potions, and I’m sure there are other effects that are currently fairly restricted, but these recent additions are great first steps and have been very welcome!

On the topic of the weather, it’d be great to see more fierce weather conditions return even in the old world, especially now with how the narrative’s main opponents are currently beings that have a hold over the elements, such as Raszageth’s storms before her fall.

8 Likes