Skullflame shields lifedrain isnt working on back procs (flamestrike and lifedrain are both thesame struck in combat procs YET lifedrain refuses to proc from back procs unless its when Im blocking and facing my opponent)

TITLE CHANGE: TITLE SHOULD BE JUST BACK PROCS BECAUSE DEVS FIXED FIRST PROBLEM. Blizzard fixed the shealthed problem.

LAST BUG: Skullflame shields lifedrain isnt working on back procs.
This is the sort of problem we should err for because let me tell you.
If this problem was reported back then it would of INSTANTLY been fixed.
How exploitive is a hunters pet hitting us from behind when we have to get close to the hunter and the pet ALWAYS hits us from behind and how exploitive is a rogue that ALWAYS hits from behind in the stunlock.
The shield wont proc. I think that is exploiting the shield.

Lifedrain was previously not working when I was sheathed and facing my opponent but now its been fixed. Thats a positive but the problem with the back hits still remains.

Ironically flamestrike has a struck in combat effect just like lifedrain and
procs from behind hits

what a waste of 300g

What happens when rogues stunlock us and hit us from behind like they ALWAYS do. This is ridiculous. What happens when warlock pets hit us from behind or a hunters pet hits us from behind!

3 Likes

Since this has already been bumped, I think life drain doesn’t proc from behind as it probably acts as a directional spell such as shadow bolt unlike the AoE flame attack.

They would change ectoplasmic distiller, spell batching but they wont change this so that it follows thesame way it works on private servers. Why would anyone buy this shield if it didnt work? So yes it doesnt work against good Rogues/Hunter Pets. That is item exploitation and silly. If I hit the guy in his back it wont work. Wow. Does it say it? Nope.

Has this bug been fixed yet?

Hopefully it is. Considering they are making changes. I’m glad Diamond Flask was changed.
This means we should have this changed and fixed too because it’s bugged.