Skull bash macro help

With the new dragonflight general druid talent tree, skull bash becomes available for resto and balance if it is picked up. As a healer, this is a great addition to the toolkit.

Unless it is changed, skull bash requires cat form or bear form to use the ability. Unlike Incap Roar, or Stampeding Roar, which will put you directly into bear form, I have to use a GCD to change into form and then there is the animation of closing the 13 yards to target to interrupt the cast. Skull bash is off the GCD once you are shifting into form, but a macro would be beneficial to help. Does anyone have any advice for the below macro string? I would love to incorporate ‘stop casting’ into this.

#showtooltip
/cast Cat Form(Shapeshift)
/cast Skull Bash

#showtooltip Skull Bash
/cast [form:0/3/4/5/6] Bear Form(Shapeshift); [form:1/2]Skull Bash

For macros, our form 1 is Bear and form 2 is cat, though this might vary across spec or expansions so test.

The above will Skull Bash immediately if in cat form, if not it will switch to Bear form.

If first switching to Bear, it is a two-press macro to perform the Skull Bash.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help -this is exactly what i was looking for. Cheers mate

Slight annoyance that it is a two-press requirement due to shifting but the second press is off the GCD at least.

Unless it was changed in Dragonflight, the interrupt happens right as your character charges the target, not when you make contact. I abuse this as a ranged interrupt more often than I’d like lol.

2 Likes

/cast [noform:2] cat form
/cast Skull Bash

This setup worked for me on ptr to switch into catform and automatically cast skull bash without a second tap as long as ik in range since Interrupts are off gcd.

It doesnt account for bearform skull bashes (you can use it in bear but itll switch you to cat) but i mostly made it for keys where id be cat weaving and just kept bear skullbash its own seperate keybind on the bear bar.

5 Likes

This works for a single button press as long as you’re in range. I prefer to shift to bear if I’m in caster form, but you can obviously change it to cat. Preferences mouseover but will go after you’re main target otherwise

#showtooltip Skull Bash
/cast [form:0/3/4/5/6] Bear Form(Shapeshift);
/cast [@mouseover,form:1/2,exists] Skull Bash;
/cast [form:1/2] Skull Bash

2 Likes