Skipping Shadowlands Story on Alts

Haven’t been able to find a comprehensive post on this. Currently, if you have a level 70 character that was not played in Shadowlands there is no way to skip the story. If you want to do any content in Korthia or Zerith Mortis you HAVE to complete the entire leveling questline again. I’ve gotten mixed answers that there might be a skip for Dracthyr but for others it is impossible. It really shouldn’t be this way, threads of fate should have never been removed in the first place but if Blizz is dead set on it there should at least be a skip for max level characters to go straight to their covenant. Hoping that they have plans to fix this in the future. If you’re out there Blizzard devs, pretty please?

1 Like

Alt skip does in fact work if you go there post 60. There are several skips and only the last one is broken (zereth mortis).

First skip Maw. Then skip to covenant selection (do a few quest to soulbind). Then skip to Korthia. You will get call of the primus quest automatically and that is where the Skips are broken.

Where they didn’t help us is any alt that starts the campaign or threads of fate, they must complete everything which means I have 6 alts that are locked out of content as theres no way I’m taking them through that pain.

We need skips that work midway.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, so because I started the campaign I can no longer skip it. I swear I didn’t see the option when I started but It’s possible I missed it. Hopefully we can get a skip that works midway.

Edit- Just tested it on another alt who hasn’t touched Shadowlands and got the threads of fate option. So they’ve just removed the option to skip it part way? I SWEAR I didn’t get it on the other alt. (I’ve read on other posts that its possible this option just goes away completely once you hit 70?) It just doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

They have been tinkering with the various skips that Babylon listed since DF launched. They had originally planned no skips at all “Threads of Fate has been removed” but there was a great deal of push back so they put it back in, but it seems only for level 60+ characters that had not started the SL campaign at all.

I agree it is a bit unsatisfying.

2 Likes

You need to have a PHD in wow to figure it out now. Even wowhead often doesn’t help and even the customer support are often no help with cut and paste answers that don’t work.

1 Like