Skewed Risk/Reward for Boat Camping

Not sure what it is like on some servers, but on Whitemane, Horde are camping the Menethil boats 24/7. After engaging them in PvP, I can definitely see why. Simply put, their risk is non-existent, but the potential rewards are great.

1. You auto-res with full hp/mana every time the boat changes continents. No GY runs or food/drink to worry about. In world PvP, if you get defeated, you need to at least do the GY run back and eat/drink up

2. Alliance PvP groups that try to remove you will hit diminishing returns on honor very quickly, because for the most part, it’s the same people camping the boats. The groups I’ve been in start to disband quickly after a few boat trips. Whereas for the boat camping people, there is almost always a fresh stream of incoming players.

3. Unlike the zeppelin docking areas, the guards at the harbor are a total joke. Whereas Horde players can go to the safety of the zeppelin docking areas (those Goblin guards actually pose a huge threat), Alliance players will likely die on the dock.

Suggestions:

1. When you die on an opposing faction’s boat/zeppelin, you should be forced to do a GY run back (the body should be at the destination dock).
  2. Menethil, Theramore, Darkshore dock areas need guards that are at least on par with Horde zeppelin guards. E.g. they are ranged attack without LoS, increased range, and can knockback.
18 Likes

Nah no changes

2 Likes

The Zeppelin guard docks were already hotfixed and changed to protect the Horde.

15 Likes

That implies there was a bug.

Whitemane alliance are leaving…I already left… Just leave, it’s not worth it. Move on to other servers that have more balanced PVP and realistic server pops

4 Likes

Technically, doing the GY run would be #nochange, as res’ing on the boat is something that was added either in TBC or WoTLK.

5 Likes

So get some friends and go kill them

Problem solved.

How does that solve the problem? They’re immortal because they get a free full hp/mana res every boat ride without any running required.

So you’re stuck getting diminishing returns PvP honor while they get to kill any new comers for fresh honor.

3 Likes

I got killed 3x on same boat ride the other day, coming from Booty Bay to Ratchet via boat.

I’m Horde, Fairbanks.

And… i don’t give a crap.

The danger is part of the game, and I LIKE IT.

Ah, I see, you “like” the danger of the game. Yet you’re Horde on Fairbanks, which is 2:1 H:A ratio. If you are true to your word, then do the free server transfer to Arcanite Reaper, which is Alliance heavy.

15 Likes

That’s an interesting change to your point.

I say i did not mind getting ganked on the boat, which apparently bothers you enough that you have to make a whiny itch post about it.

You then say i should switch servers.

How about this, my response is another Vanilla-ism…

Once on a server, that’s your server. You don’t whine and move around.

Well… maybe YOU do.
(Tell your parents they babied you too much, please)

4 Likes

You choose to “PvP” on a server when you’re the dominant majority. Yet you make this dumb remark about how you like danger. I merely suggested that if you TRULY like danger, then go ahead and be the minority faction as there is a free transfer available to you. As expected, you make lame excuses as to why not.

And actually, server transfers did exist in Vanilla WoW. Heavily populated servers often had free character transfers to new or underpopulated servers.

12 Likes

Im saying the thing you complained about happened to me.

Its PvP.

You have to deal with that stuff.

If you cant deal with it, go carebear.

Im not switching to a new server to satisfy you.

When i started on that server, there were NO population stats.

Ive never switched from or to any server.

Server switching sounds like what you should do.

Here’s a thought… you come to my server, and i kill you?

2 Likes

I mean you are 13 levels above my highest guy, could be good for you?

Ridiculous…

1 Like

So zeplins have guards to protect horde and Ally got zip nada? LMFAO it ain’t ez being Ally on Deez streetz mayne

2 Likes

Did you seriously just ask me to 1v1 you? I wasn’t aware this was LoL, but I’ll meet you in mid.

1 Like

So, you kill them, and when they respawn on boat, you kill them.
Then you kill them again.
When they sneeze, you kill them.
When they scratch their nose, you kill them.
If they zone in to Menthil, kill them.

Eventually, they’ll stop coming because they keep dying.

Coming here and whining about it isn’t going to stop them.
Killing them over and over till they get the point, will.

Retail character. Fake news.

“Danger” implies risk and repercussions. There’s no risk and there’s no punishment for failure in this situation. So you’ve maximized avoidance of risk and made PvP as safe and easy as possible. So the exact opposite of Danger.

3 Likes

Noy unless a group of players decide to camp them until they leave the boat/zepp. You dont have to need honor from someone to kill them, over and over and over every single time they rez.

Instead of coming to these forums to cry about it, goto your realm forums and get those players known, get them added to kos lists. There is always a pvp alternative on a pvp server.

1 Like

The problem isn’t the lack of guards.

There is no alliance equivalent to horde boat camping. They can stop our only form of cross continent travel(besides a mage port) because we have to flag for PVP to get to kalimdor and back. They do not have to flag on the Orig>UC Zepplin. If the STV Zepplin is being camped they can just fly to UC from STV and take the safe zepplin. They have a way out, alliance do not. Only way off the boat is to spirit rez, and take durability damage.

Otherwise you hope you can get back to the boat before it leaves to retrieve your corpse.

Wetlands should have been alliance friendly, as well as redridge. There are no horde quests in either area, besides one of the last objectives for the Ony Attunement.

This will kill any new alliance player once they hit 30+, they will hit a wall of horde and cannot progress. Quit the game and making the faction balance worse over time.

3 Likes