TBC Server Population - MERGE US NOW instead of putting it off

What is the plan with servers going forward? We’re losing players on our server left and right. Will there be a merge or a server link of some sort? There are people who can’t afford or won’t transfer because they are die hard for the server and praying for a merge. You’re losing more players and more money by leaving the servers to Rot. People are going to other games and refusing to play until we have a higher population. The game is currently self destructing and Blizzard is just standing by and letting it happen. We have one of the strongest and biggest communities on Skeram and our players feel like they have no choice, either they transfer and lose the people they’ve been playing with for years or they just stop playing the game and cancel their sub. 99% of them are going for canceling until something is truly done to appease the players. We’d even be happy linking servers together with “-realmname” option like they did on retail. This game is supposed to be for enjoyment and bringing people together not adding MORE stress and worry to peoples lives burning them out faster and leading them to quit or be torn from long time communities. This is not a single realm issue this is an issue throughout EVERY single server right now. We need answers Blizzard. Please give me an update and release some kind of announcement as soon as possible before we lose all of our Skeram Player base before a merge is even possible.

55 Likes

Doesn’t Skeram have Onslaught the most progressed NA guild? Skeram is fine. Think of Stalagg.

1 Like

onslaught along with a lot of other big guilds have left. there arent many left

Onslaught fell apart months ago, they’ve been disband now since Naxx. Spaceforce left too as well as many others. There are quite a few trying to stay, us included but something needs to be done or we’ll lose everyone. The last 2 weeks have been nothing but announcements of people ditching the server causing a chain reaction of everyone being afraid the server is dying. I think we can hold out longer without it affecting us just because we have such a strong playerbase/ atmosphere but I’ve already had a few dedicated raiders cancel subs and quit as well so it’s still scary. We are down to 2k players and dwindling fast.

3 Likes

Ohh no. I had no idea. Well if it helps. There’s always room on Benediction

4 Likes

Imagine crying about 2k+ players when there’s servers with literally 25-50, and, ours which is around 450.

1 Like

Imagine not crying at all and letting blizzard know about how your server situation is and asking for a better server experience? We’re all in a sinking boat here.

12 Likes

Sorry to hear about Skeram horde, a number of servers are having this problem right now or have had the problem already and are now dead.

This is the same story almost every time. The same thing happened with Earthfury alliance. The top ally guild left for a “better player pool” they said (they went to Bene and they did not get better as a guild, they are doing way worse). Then people freak out and start following them. It’s a sheep or lemming scenario depending on which one you want to use. Then, in the end, the people left who held out end up quitting the game or transferring (or sometimes rerolling) due to no other choice.

There’s nothing wrong with your thread. I too hope something will change and I have been posting about this issue for months (and people think I should just be happy about there being like 3 mega servers or something and get mad at me for talking about it). Unfortunately, Blizzard will probably never comment on it. All the best to your guild though. It sucks that almost all of the player base has had to go through this.

7 Likes

Imagine someone telling someone imagine crying about 2k people when they just made a post crying about doing server mergers for the exact same reason.

Sorry about skeram I remember some peeps from that server in bgs from classic and our premade wasn’t full they would accept our fun strat of holding LM or going to the island behind farm when it was a super sweaty premade.

5 Likes

Citation needed.

2 Likes

Yep that is exactly what’s happening. One group left and now people are freaking out and following. I don’t know of any guild that swapped earlier in classic or TBC that is still going strong. It just breaks people apart. Push to fix servers instead of ditching and letting both groups suffer the consequences. I posted this for Skeram specifically but there are a TON of servers in dire need right now. When I contacted Blizz they just directed us to flood the forums so even if there is a small chance to save TBC classic. We have to try.

I urge you all to like/comment and share any posts about server merges in your discords AND create your own. Make it the top topic on TBC forums. Flood flood flood.

7 Likes

You think Skeram is bad? Look at Thalnos and you’ll see that you’re blessed compared to that place.

i know the feeling earthfury alliance is going through the same thing we used to be a balanced server until blizzard allowed free horde xfers no cap on it but we are at 899 alliance players left and that number is falling off a cliff every day i hope they fix the realms soon!

11 people on currently in sw and 33 in shat yes its 11:20pm server time but a healthy server would have way more on

1 Like

Looks like the alliance that were from skeram will have the last laugh after all

1 Like

“you think you’re drowning? I’m already dead so neither of us need a lifeguard.”

How does this make sense in your head? Its a problem everywhere, this person just took the initiative to post about it, and you did not. It’s not a competition and you’re just being weird man.

13 Likes

Hard to have any sympathy for a realm who proudly camped/zerged skeram alliance with a 9:1 population advantage

4 Likes

Reroll on a populated server if you’re broke or if you’re not broke, transfer.

Merging won’t happen.

What might happen is crz and connected realms.

So much for community.

2 Likes

they aren’t there anymore and neither is my guild, we left for Earthfury right before TBC launched, we were the final alliiance guild. I actually logged in the other day on my alt that is still on that server. There was ONE other alliance online and it was some 51 shaman.

Onslaught died before classic vanilla ended.

I thought skeram horde deliberately griefed the alliance off the server so they could enjoy their 100% horde server utopia?? what’s that?? you kill the entire server when 1 side of the server leaves? oh woe is me, is it the consequences of my own actions?

7 Likes