Six second pet summon approaches class breaking

My felhunter dies multiple times during first boss in ToS & Psychus phase

I have to re-summon my imp last boss in SoB / put him on passive / spam ‘follow’ otherwise he will get stuck on platforms out of range and i can’t dispel my team

Pet AI issues aside, I swap them constantly depending on the situation (do i need a purge, dispel or interrupt?)

Destro is already an off-meta (or dumpster-tier, depending on the patch) pick for m+
This just makes it feel worse, slows down gameplay and feels heavy handed/unnecessary. Who asked for this? :unamused:

4 Likes

Let’s be real here guys and gals… Let’s all stop pretending that the developers give a fart about demo spec… Honestly! For real! The 6 sec pet summon doesn’t even start to describe the broken-ness of demo spec. This spec is literally the WORSE spec in the game. I think that at this point the development team has thrown in the towel on demo.

Think about it… At first Doom become a class spell which is later reverted to demo only…Why? Because Doom is trash and demo is trash… Both of the other class specs get at least 1 new talent added to their talent tree…what does demo get? Nothing… Literally the same talent tree that we had in BFA… Just give them $60 for the same game… Same trash mastery, talent tree, pet AI, spec design…ALL OF IT TRASH!

So why do you think that they will un-break a spec that they obviously don’t care about. I am personally done with demo spec… The spec literally has nothing to offer… I mean correct me if I’m wrong but what will make this spec fun in SL? If you like to make a broken class shine that is cool and all but really I don’t see that happening in this expansion with demo spec. Great we bump this post and the revert the change and we have the 2 sec summon time back… What does that solve? Zero.

The only positive for warlock this expansion is that Affliction is looking okay for now… I say for now because they always Nerf affliction. I will wait and see what happens. I think that players need to stop giving the devs any feedback on the specs… Just stop playing specs that don’t work…they will eventually get the picture.

3 Likes

Heres what I dont get.
They had this one other time where it took FOREVER and a day to summon a pet.
Next expansion Blizz themselves had a “WTF were we thinking. Gameplay is terrible so BAM here you go…much quicker summons”

Now here we are…again…and someone…somewhere…again… decided it was time for another long summon? If pets are walking raids then yea I can see a summons taking forever. Blizz needs to get off their collective behinds and start double checking the “I gotta come up with something or Im going to lose my job” moronic idiots and listen to those who play the game.

For the first time since Vanilla, I have zero interest in buying an expansion. Think Blizz finally broke my addiction for me.

3 Likes

There are so many instances within the same dungeon that requires different pets at different times. Especially with the Awakened affix in m+. You need imp dispel for the fear mini-boss. You need felhunter for the spider mini-boss to interrupt. Voidwalker can help with the tank-buster one in case someone pulls aggro while kiting, a quick taunt before he tank-busts can stop a death on one of the DPS. I know because I’ve done it before. If you had to swap or resummon within the last 3 mins before pulling something like this its completely GG cause noone is going to wait 6 seconds for you to swap pets so you can have the right pet for the right job.

Either revert the summon change or at the very very least make the CD a 1 min so we can’t spam summons if that’s what they are trying to prevent. 1 min CD for quick summon is at least reasonable.

I wish I had known of how poorly this expansion would been designed before I placed a pre-order… All I can say is never again… They will never get me to pre-order any game or expansion again… As a matter of fact from now on Blizzard’s developers will have to give me convincing reasons to stay interested in their poorly designed games… For a long time I would not play other games because I always thought that WoW was of superior design…unfortunately that is no longer the case and hasn’t been the case for some time now… I guess this is the death of a giant.

6 Likes

Demo hasn’t had much love since… well I can’t really recall.

The fact remains, Demo has been on the back burner for years, xpac over xpac. The “VARIATY” of pets that we’ve been asking for goes on def ears. But lets give it to hunters right? Not only is the demo class lacking pet options but the hard casting approach gives us nothing in return in terms of rewards like higher dps. We skip a beat, our dps falls and falls fast.

The removal of Meta made the class boring, more so with our high CD abilities. Without Tyrant, we hit like wet noodles. Tyrant builds barely kept this spec alive in BFA…but just barely.

This class needs alot of help, restructured, and hard casting/ramping of damage needs to take a chill pill for a xpac or 2.

4 Likes

See thats the part that really doesn’t make sense. Warlocks don’t care about our pets. Its all over the lore and design philosophy. Its why we have demonic sac.

Let health funnel work like it does for hunters and we might be ok keeping pets alive, but that doesn’t help for gameplay issues with pets getting stuck.

Just to put it out there back in legion announcements Ion openly said he doesn’t like warlocks and they will not be like they were in WOD or old

1 Like

I feel like non of the Devs ever liked Warlock. That doesn’t sound like anything new. :smiley:

1 Like

Why do you think they fired Xelnath? The one dev who ever cared for and was passionate about this class.

2 Likes

Bringing this back to the top. The six second cast for pets in the arena is the death nail to demonology.

3 Likes

Yep, new strat will be: train the pet, kill it twice, and GG. Enjoy your free win

On a side note, this also affects healers as they’ll now have to waste resources keeping a pet alive. Something that I don’t think anyone enjoys

3 Likes

bumping my own thread because six second pet summon time still sucks

3 Likes

As you are spending 6 seconds to summon a demon, think about a frost mage summoning their water elemental in 1.5 seconds. Think about it 4 times. Then you’ll finally have a demon out. Crap a warrior accidentally hit cleave it’s dead now. Okay start your cast. Now think about a Death Knight summoning their ghoul instantly. Do it 4 times. Okay demon is back out quick hit that defensive cooldown on your demon OH WAIT ONLY FAKE PET CLASS DEATH KNIGHTS HAVE THAT! Shoot. Well get to summoning dude.

3 Likes

i think about all the interrupts i get hit with while trying to get a 2 sec summon off; and then I multiply it by three.

2 Likes

I just realized that this is going to suck even more for Demo because the new Demonic Consumption steals health from your pets.

Meaning your felguard will die more :expressionless:

“We’d rather you didn’t play demonology”

3 Likes

Ugh :expressionless:

What a mode of thinking to be in when designing a game

They won’t say it, but that’s probably their attitude towards PvP as well

Yup. The lack of communication and the fact that they have only said that makes me think that there are other specs/game mods they’d “rather you didnt play”

Demo should have a 2 second cast on fel guard summon. Just the fel guard. The other demons cam remain 6 secs.

2 Likes