Siouxsie the Banshee

It’s all about “immersion”. :roll_eyes:

I remember when Wrath dropped and I saw that npc. I wigged out in gchat and people didn’t know who I was talking about… I was like …BATMAN C’MON! There is also a Chester Copperpot close to Ulduar, now that one really made me smile when I saw him for the first time.

1 Like

If only they had a Christian Death reference maybe a foresaken named Rozz Williams?

1 Like

Or even a Death in June reference look up the song Death in June - The Calling (Mk II) - 1985. Thank me later.

1 Like

You mean, you like that style of music, right?

'Cause Siouxsie and the Banshees, and the Cure, are two different groups. I know they toured together, and from what I’ve read, Smith (Robert Smith, lead singer of the Cure) played guitar on some of Siouxsie’s songs live, on tour, but that’s about the extent of it.

A couple little-known facts about Kiss Them for Me, also one of my favorite Siouxsie tracks (though definitely one of her most pop-ish endeavors):

The lyrics are about Hollywood legend Jayne Mansfield, who, at more or less the height of her popularity, died in an auto accident in her early 30s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayne_Mansfield

The beat is sampled from a 1985 Schoolly D. track called P.S.K. - What Does It Mean?. It’s a famous drum break, sampled in well over a hundred other tracks.

(The whole track is a classic legend, but I’ve linked to the location of the sample at 5:39):

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Juju is one of the best albums of the 80s and Siouxsie herself is a legend.

2 Likes

I remember first seeing that DK. I thought she had an interesting name.

“Isnt Sylvanas the Banshee Queen?”, I thought. I was intrigued by the possibilities of her story. So I googled it.

Turns out, she was just a flavor NPC with a referencey jokey name. Ah well. Those are fun, too.

I tried listening to the bands music but it is not for me. Still, I like the character in WoW. I like little details like this DK, or Floyd Pinkus, or Harris Pilton. Makes me giggle.

I have something of a Pompeii fixation, “Cities in Dust” remains one of my favorite songs to this day and many Siouxsie and the Banshees songs are in my daily rotation.

1 Like

Posting in a Siouxsie thread

/waggle

3 Likes

My favorite was seeingva legion commander named General Zahd

I can post modern stuff to if you like where I live we have one of the biggest contemporary goth/deathrock post-punk anarcho-punk and Industrial festivals its called San La Muerte also check out Koban - Down in the well on youtube thank me later.

https:// m.youtube. com/watch?v=-BvrsRJ8yCk
Delete the space inbetween the / and m and the . and com

Sounds cool. FYI, there’s a music thread in off-topic that’s active and has been for some years (pre-dating these current forums.) If you like sharing music, come hang out there :sunglasses:

Also, if you include links between these marks “`” (on the tilde key), then you can just post what you want, like this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-BvrsRJ8yCk

But besides that, anyone can post Youtube links, just not the “m(dot)youtube” mobile variants:

Eh, that type of music isn’t really my style, but thanks for sharing!

Thank me later?

1 Like

The song being about Mansfield is very true right down to the heart shaped pool and her horrific auto accident in which she and her entire family were killed. I believe she was decapitated in the accident.

1 Like

It was horrific, but the decapitation part is just an urban legend, like how Mama Cass supposedly choked to death on a ham sandwich (also untrue; she died of heart failure.)

Two-thirds of the family were actually spared; Jayne and her driver were killed, while her children in the back seat were left alive. Hence, “Kiss them for me, I may be delayed.”

Despite the media’s disdain for Mansfield’s style, I thought she was awesome.

:cry:

It wasnt for you it is for Wintersuñ, and my posts are on topic, punk, goth, and post-punk are the general musical style of what the banshees produced, all the bands ive named from Christian Death to Death In June to San La Muerte Festival and other bands ive linked are completely relevant to the genre and any Siouxsie and the banshees fan. thanks for the tip on posting links.

This one is very Banshees like,the band is called Second Still `https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1OuSJw2NFmg´

Well, gee, thanks. I didn’t realize it was directed only at the other person, so I responded as if you had directed it at no one in particular. My bad if that made my lame attempt at a joke about esoteric music confusing.

Never said they weren’t; you’ve completely misunderstood what I said. It was an invite for you to come share music where the music sharers hang out (in the forums named “Off Topic”).

The offer still stands, come share music :sunglasses: This thread will eventually be buried, but the music threads in Off-Topic have been active for years, as I said.

Yeah, I agree, because that’s completely correct. You and I are not at odds.

I’ve re-edited the original post to:

1 Like

Remember, you can post these if you just take the “m.” out of the URL:

1 Like

So just take the the m off got it :hugs:. just because I posted for the OP doesn’t mean the music isn’t for others to enjoy :musical_note::notes:. jokes like yours are hard to miss on the internet especially sarcasm mostly cause I cant see your facial expression and the limitations of the english language and because its the wow forums most people have their gaurds up cause of TrOlLs but jokes that are ironic dont escape me. I will check out the other post about music. :fist:

1 Like