Siouxsie the Banshee

I appreciate that little surprise I just discovered in the DK class hall Blizzard, I hope whoever created that particular NPC knows I have a newfound appreciation for them. :slight_smile: Seeing little things like that in this game make me pretty happy. Especially when I realize what they are for the first time. <3 Just wanted to post this here! :smiley:

27 Likes

Had to look up the reference lol.

But yeah, that’s pretty cool. I love when Blizzard throws in references to things in random places.

1 Like

Yes. It took me a while of looking at her to realize what she was a reference to, but when i realized it I was like :scream::scream: cause I love the cure! Lol

4 Likes

I love it. :slight_smile: I agree it’s the little things that really make my day.

1 Like

Watch "Siouxsie and the Banshees _ kiss them for me" on YouTube

16 Likes

For the record, she’s been in Acherus since wrath. You meet her almost immediately when you make a DK.

25 Likes

Yeap, very cool reference, The Glove Blue Sunshine, Robert Smith played guitar for them on a tour, also recorded songs like Mr. Alphabet. Thanks to whoever included her. :blush:

3 Likes

Which is fine, but it’s the first time I’ve ever noticed her, and I made my DK a long, long time ago.

Was the class trainer for DKs too

Anybody else kept listening to see if this was in English and gave up because their brain hurt?

Also, was this in English??

Yep. Its English. Google the lyrics and listen to it while following the lyrics. The sound quality is not the greatest though. Its a great song!

One of my favorite childhood bands. Thank you for posting this.

3 Likes

As someone who saw Siouxsie live in concert over 25 + years ago I agree

5 Likes

It’s all about “immersion”. :roll_eyes:

I remember when Wrath dropped and I saw that npc. I wigged out in gchat and people didn’t know who I was talking about
 I was like 
BATMAN C’MON! There is also a Chester Copperpot close to Ulduar, now that one really made me smile when I saw him for the first time.

1 Like

If only they had a Christian Death reference maybe a foresaken named Rozz Williams?

1 Like

Or even a Death in June reference look up the song Death in June - The Calling (Mk II) - 1985. Thank me later.

1 Like

You mean, you like that style of music, right?

'Cause Siouxsie and the Banshees, and the Cure, are two different groups. I know they toured together, and from what I’ve read, Smith (Robert Smith, lead singer of the Cure) played guitar on some of Siouxsie’s songs live, on tour, but that’s about the extent of it.

A couple little-known facts about Kiss Them for Me, also one of my favorite Siouxsie tracks (though definitely one of her most pop-ish endeavors):

The lyrics are about Hollywood legend Jayne Mansfield, who, at more or less the height of her popularity, died in an auto accident in her early 30s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayne_Mansfield

The beat is sampled from a 1985 Schoolly D. track called P.S.K. - What Does It Mean?. It’s a famous drum break, sampled in well over a hundred other tracks.

(The whole track is a classic legend, but I’ve linked to the location of the sample at 5:39):

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Juju is one of the best albums of the 80s and Siouxsie herself is a legend.

2 Likes

I remember first seeing that DK. I thought she had an interesting name.

“Isnt Sylvanas the Banshee Queen?”, I thought. I was intrigued by the possibilities of her story. So I googled it.

Turns out, she was just a flavor NPC with a referencey jokey name. Ah well. Those are fun, too.

I tried listening to the bands music but it is not for me. Still, I like the character in WoW. I like little details like this DK, or Floyd Pinkus, or Harris Pilton. Makes me giggle.