Sinking Gallywix ship may have been as bad as burning Teldrassil

You are right. They were killed by people outside of the Alliance. For their crimes. Well Daelin was. Garithos was just an idiot for thinking a banshee who’s currently siding with a dreadlord would be trustworthy.

And what was the Alliance response to either? Not a Lightdamned thing.

Because nobody liked Garithos, he was literally just lucky by being the last man standing in Lordaeron. And nobody else gave a flip about Daelin’s crusade that they basically told Kul Tiras “Look, the man went there by himself and got rekt’d. This ain’t our problem”.

It’s honestly pretty funny when you think about it lol.

5 Likes

Neither side killed any civilians in the case of the pandaren, but while the Alliance side DID conscript unwilling Pandaren for their airfield, the Horde side kidnapped children from the local village and imprisoned them with demonic magic in order to get the Pandaren to cooperate with them.

So I mean… yeah, in this case, the Horde side is the worse of the two. But I’m fairly certain this post is just meant to ruffle feathers anyway.

3 Likes

So one side used traditional slavery, while the other used witchcraft induced slavery. The result is the same.

2 Likes

You’re being purposefully disingenuous at this point. I’d say that your thread deserves to be ignored and cast into the bowels of Story Forums where it belongs, but I spent way too much time last night arguing with self-insert Jaina guy, so I don’t know that I have the right to say that.

… ah hell with it. This thread sucks, to the depths with it. Give my regards to Erevien when you hit the bottom.

2 Likes

Do the tools in which you achieve slavery really matter in the context of the immorality of said slavery? The Horde took hostages, the Alliance just detained them and used some unknown method to make them work (probably force or threat of starvation). Is one really any worse than the other?

When you throw demons and specifically targetting children into the mix, yeah, it matters a lot.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I was entertained. I even popped by WET, because I had no idea there was a whole other thread there.

2 Likes

It counts, for the following reason and I will now go into an example: There are still places in the world today where there is debt slavery, where you have borrowed money for example and then pay it back in return with work because you could not pay.

This was normal in the past, but today it would still be forbidden, even if your creditor treated you very well and it would be absolutely humanly acceptable, it is forbidden. So yes, the way slavery is created even counts a lot.

This part really doesn’t matter, demons are just a tool, you can be a good guy while using demons, as seen by benevolent warlocks.

Seeing as how the Alliance didn’t mind enslaving men, women and elders, it seems likely that they would have enslaved children too if they had found any.

Yeah, you can be a good guy while using demons. But they weren’t. They were using demons to imprison children. I dunno about you, your honor, but I feel like that actually matters a lot.

Look man - I know you’re not actually looking to have an honest conversation here. You’re just looking to rattle people, and it sort’ve worked. But threads like this have a shelf life, and it’s a very brief one. The bit was old from the beginning.

4 Likes

Rattling people is more of a side effect rather than the intention. The intention is to show parity between both sides.

As far as I am aware they never hurt the children, which also matters a lot. The end result was equal, innocent people got enslaved.

The Problem is, this parity don´t exist.

3 Likes

Burning a tree full of civilians, is equal to sinking a ship filled with an entire civilian population. The only difference is with Teldrassil you have an easier target in Sylvanas, while we don’t even know the name of the war criminal captain.

I move nobody else reply to this dumpster fire. The OP isn’t looking for a debate, the OP is looking for people to agree with him and nothing else.

When presented with a reality they don’t like, the small man closes his mind and screams really loud so he doesn’t have to deal with it.

You do, yes.

To the depths with you.

A Tree with the size of an entire Nation.

Look, budy, its easy to explain:

The ship was not the whole population of goblins, but only the part of the population that was rich enough to pay Gallywix (and the Alliance can’t blame for that). The mass murder on Khezan that followed was due to the volcanic eruption and Gallywix’s stupid and greedy decision.

Nobody knew that there were civilians there at the time, they only saw Gallywix’s ship where Thrall was believed to be.

You had hope for a equality like this picture, but sorry guy, blizzard lied here…there was no moral equality.

1 Like

You’ve yet to give any logic behind why you want to believe sinking a refugee ship filled with an entire civilian population is less important than burning a tree filled with only a fraction of a civilian population.

We are told a signifcant portion of the city made it onto the ship.

And a tree with only a tiny fraction of the night elf population that didn’t manage to evacuate in time.

“no witnesses” is as evil as “Kill hope” on Sylvanas part.

1 Like

because Gallywix killed in the end more of his people…with his greedy behavior then the entire alliance in cata. And Again, it was a ship, one simple ship, how many people do you think were on board? 5000?

Compared thats to an country^^

What does Gallywix crimes have to do with the Alliance commiting crimes? The goblins caught in between are still innocent.

Besides, the ship was carrying an entire country too, what was left of the bilgewater cartel. Almost every horde goblin you see in game came from that ship.