Sinking Gallywix ship may have been as bad as burning Teldrassil

Funny those goblins manage that manage to escape seem competent enough to kill alliance trained sailors so they must be soldiers too.

Guess there were no warcrimes then.

6 Likes

That’s not how that works. Every goblin is not a soldier.

4 Likes

oh right that only applies for the Horde ships then. Your Bias is showing better cover up.

5 Likes

Why are you like this?

6 Likes

The Alliance ships were war ships full of sailors who are trained soldiers. The Goblin ship was a civilian refugee vessel. Try to keep up.

the truth can make many people uncomfortable.

1 Like

Sunday already?

3 Likes

One Genocide against an Enemy Nation’s Civilians to send Souls to the Maw to be forged into weapons or Mawsworn as well as empower Sylvanas so that she can beat Bolvar and another Genocide against a Neutral Party(at the time)'s Civilians to remove Witnesses to a High Profile Arrest…

One was Hot-Bloodedly made on the spur of the moment and the other was Cold-Bloodedly(which is even worse) attempted without a thought.

4 Likes

The thing is that sinkinking 5 Alliance warships didn’t endanger existance of Stormwind humans.

But they attacking a ship of survivors was endangering existance of Bilgewater Goblins.

The real question was - why Alliance was so hell bent on wiping goblin survivors?

9 Likes

You just wait until I’m in the states, mister.

The Alliance attacking a ship full of refugees is definitely kinda shady. Is it on par with Teldrassil? Absolutely not. If anything, it’s not something the writers wanted to mine for feels, and the narrative dropped it completely, which is sort of a theme for morally questionable Alliance actions.

Further, goblins as a whole are often used as the butt of the narrative so much that it’s hard to create sympathy for them, even in the context of something we feel like the story should probably care about. When they aren’t blowing themselves up, they’re being murdered in mass for the lulz.

5 Likes

Goblins being comic relief in no way lessens the severity of crimes against them.

If anything it was worse, Since Sylvanas burning teldrassil was an emotional hot headed spur of the moment move, while the Alliance admiral sinking a goblin vessel to kill all witnesses was a cold blooded calculated move.

Correct me if I’m wrong. While we are all aware the point of the Alliance ships sinking the goblin yacht was “No witnesses”, did the Alliance know they were enslaved refugees or was it just a single goblin ship that happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time?

Based on my understanding, no. The man who ordered it was surely a dick but likely didn’t know (or care) who was on the ship.

Meanwhile, it was pretty clear to Sylvanas that only innocents were left in the World Tree and spur of the moment or not, decided to torch it anyway.

As for why people don’t seem to care about the goblins? Easy. Let’s compare them to their Cata equivalent, the worgen. The goblin starting experience ended with those Alliance ships getting murderized by a freed Thrall so the ones that committed the crime were dealt with quickly. There was also no “face” to the Alliance aggression here except stock Alliance Captain, whom again was defeated and shaman’ed to the depths. While the worgen however not only ran (they took out an airship so that was nice), nobody was really dealt with, except for Liam. The face of their conflict was Sylavnas and we’re all still dealing with that, thus you have the never ending whinging.

Tl;dr: Goblins ended up fine, they beat the ones who attacked them, and made off like bandits in the aftermath.

9 Likes

Indeed, those Alliance soldiers were quickly killed right after while the Horde and Sylvanas got away completely unscarred after Teldrassil and Gilneas without facing any punishments or giving the victims a chance to achieve justice.

1 Like

The major problem is that we had a captain try a major war crime, and no one tried to stop him or talk him out of it. This implies its an institutionalized and widespread problem. Other evidence for this is we see similar behavior in other Alliance commanders like Garithos and Daelin Proudmoore, or the Alliance commander who thought it was a good idea to enslave pandaren near the Alliance landing in Pandaria.

2 Likes

Horde main here, the sinking of the ship was bad of the alliance to do sure, but it was also bad for thrall to leave gallywix in charge, yah know the guy that tried to enslave and kill the goblins? It’s not anywhere near the level the burning of teldrassil. What deathwing did to kezan is much more similar to teldrassil however, in the fact that their home was destroyed and burned

This is both a stretch and irrelevant.

It’s a stretch because as far as we know, had he returned to Stormwind with Thrall and later it was discovered he blew up a civilian ship to hide his tracks, he would have likely received some sort of reprimand from Varian, as he’s shown no desire to murder civilians in war.

It’s irrelevant because he was killed by the goblins and Thrall anyway. Comparing him to Garithos and Daelin is weak because ignoring that both of them were also killed rather quickly for their crimes, such crimes were somewhere along the lines of 4-6 years prior to the Horde-Alliance War, during this time there had been no situation like this, so this makes it far less “institutionalized and widespread”.

Also again, he was killed very quickly afterwards lol.

5 Likes

Never mind the Alliance commander taking pandaren slaves at first when they landed on Pandaria. The horde probably has a parallel scenario, but this still proves the Alliance doesn’t respect neutral parties until they prove useful.

They were both killed by parties other than the Alliance, we know the Alliance actively supported both, Garithos had troops from Ironforge, and Daelin if I remember right also had dwarven troops, implying support from Ironforge and Stormwind.

The horde side is worse, if I recall correctly.

There is no worse between two sides who kill civilians.

1 Like

Your post only mentioned the Pandaren working to build a base at the time I posted, which is what I was referring to. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like