Single player version of Warcraft?

Been trying to write this up but keeps fully eluding me. Im not saying make WoW this way, but have a separate version in addition to.

I think there would be a large player base that would like a single player version. Something like Skyrim but for the Warcraft franchise

Less requiring to “balance” classes - you wouldnt have to change up classes as drastically each expansion.

Less servers required as games would be hosted locally on the players’ computers. thus less cost to maintain the game

Basically, my own lil azeroth. Something without so much RNG, without zone scaling, without having to spend hours grinding an azerite system. Something were professions were an actual benefit. Where I paid a set price and had the entire game available to play start to finish where I didnt feel pressured to subscribe every month. A version of Warcraft that had no focus on rerunning dungeons and raids. So warcraft without the massively multiplayer aspect. Where I could take as little or as much time as I wanted to play it

At a per month rate, that’s $410 +/- for an expansion from start to finish if subbed every month. Whereas you can buy skyrim, when released, for I think $60? And you get about the same amount of playable hours. Make a warcraft single player version for $39.

You could scale the dungeons and raids back so they dont require multiplayer, maybe a team of NPCs to fill additional roles needed (tanks, healers, dps). Rewards for the dungeons and raids could be multiple choice with the other items players didnt pick purchasable from the store for a SMALL price, like $1-2 each (talking mounts, pets, etc.) But there would have to be guaranteed loot, none of this rerunning it in hope RNGesus favors you business.

Yeah you could even add on DLC that were not part of the main storyline. Something like player housing. A special additional storyline. etc.

For the players that left WoW in favor of single player, realms could be consolidated requiring less servers to be maintained. After all, that is usually what the supposed cost of a subscription is for, server costs.

12 Likes

Sounds interesting in thought, but MMO is what makes WoW. If they basically allowed single player versions of the game without any additional development, possibly. But you know Blizzard never just does quick and easy things like that…

2 Likes

Oh is this not a single player game? Lol. Most people I know do things alone these days. I don’t think WoW needs to make a separate version, you can play alone in it’s current form. I do that myself now a days. Take the game at my own pace and enjoy things without getting caught up in the hamster wheel, the time gating and the endless grinds

5 Likes

Lol, have fun OP😂

why pay upwards of $410 for a single player game?

2 Likes

I find it relaxing. I spend all day with babies pulling me in a million directions. It’s fun to chill on WoW. I don’t play any other games. Also I don’t sub all year. I have only just returned since the start of BFA. I spend most of the year not subbed, not due to finances but depending on my enjoyment of the content.

2 Likes

The story perspective certainly fits single player game theme at this point, i think it should be an option

4 Likes

Yeah I understand what you men but have to disagree, I love Skyrim and Fallout series but this is an MMO and I joined and stayed for that reason, even though my social anxiety excludes me from a lot of raids and dung content … atleast seriously. But without the MMO it would be a barren lifeless game.

I have never put near the amount of hours into a single player game that come close to what I have put into WoW or EQ1.

2 Likes

If they made a game like Divinity Original Sin 2 but with Warcraft, I would be in heaven!

Yes yes yes. Cannot like the idea of a single player version enough. They should hire you. Please let it be so.

No, necro is bad ;p

Would you have preferred me to start a new thread and say exactly the same thing? It’s a great series of points, I’m crediting the creator of the post by replying, and it’s as relevant as ever now. If you don’t like old posts, don’t reply. If I find something I agree with that had come up in search engine results, I will reply.

Replying crying “necro!” Is just trollish flame bait.

It’ll be a good spin off. Single player rpgs are still popular.

2 Likes

Better to have quoted it as a link.

I think WoW can be a single player experience as it is and with quests rewarding up to 415 including emmisaries and also having benethic you can largely progress.

There’s a lot less appeal for Blizzard to move away from a subscription based model.

I can see it being a spin off when they’re done with the franchise

I would buy a single-player, action RPG set on Azeroth in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Single player RPGs set in Azeroth as supplementary games to the lore? Hell yes. Removing the MMO from MMORPG? No.

They will always be popular unlike what EA believes.

I am thinking sandbox/offline servers would be quite a nice addition.

2 Likes

I’m already playing it, in the “World of Warcraft” :wink:

The only real MMO part, for me, is the AH or seeing people in the streets/jumping in on some guy you are killing for a WQ.