Singapore to OCE 200 - 300ms

Hi guys,

I am currently having this issue for the past 2-3 months

I am connecting from Singapore to OCE Australia and I have been playing with between 90 to 98 ms for the past 2 years. But roughly 3 months ago, my ping stayed at 300 ms and went down to 200 ms roughly 2 months ago when my ISP assisted me in full resetting my network by turning off my modem and router for 15 mins.

However, since then, despite changing my modem, updating my router’s software, trying no addons, reinstalling WoW, everything I’ve done still results in 200 ms.

I have tried pingplotter and also tracerouting to WoW OCE servers and I see between 95 and 110 ms.

My ISP has tried many different ways including making a static IP for me but it is still an issue.

Does anyone know what can be done? I’ve requested my ISP to try resetting my routing or try to change the routing node but I’m not sure if that can be done

I dun think it’s just you. For me and my friends we observe the same thing. Additionally, 200-300 ms is the level we normally see when connecting to US servers, as of late, these ms is not longer the norm, connection to US servers often results in lag spikes to the thousands to outright constants 500-800s, making gameplay literally quite unplayable.

And this is recent months. We never really had this issue from the years we are playing WOW. I am of the mindset that something change over at Blizz side becuz as you can prolly tell from the many threads from OCE players, this is not just isolated to you and me. It’s the entire region.

1 Like

It has been going on for quite some time now…

Had issues playing with US server due to the high ping…

You can try Exitlag which helps a lot but if you think blizz cares enough to look into OCE well i will be surprised if they did…

Good news, Singapore has their own wow server.

Yes they do.

Any link to this?

lol? no they dont…i’ve made a thread with the idea of having one…but i doubt blizzard will do it.

Same issue and I live within Australia. Started around the same time.

I play other games just fine so I think something has happened to WoW.

same issue, playing from aus, if i join a group or random dungeon and its not OCE its unplayable lag most of the time, my Ms will shoot from 18 to 1000. been happening for a few months now and only on wow :confused:

I use to play only on us servers and yes you def right some are really laggy now, so for the first time in 20 years i am slowly bringing all my toons back to oceanic, playing from new zealand and usually around 40 other then the 200 plus i had on my us servers, reason i went us servers when wow first came out is because i worked night shifts back then so my play time worked better on us

Still happening for us now and blizz is usually silent when it comes to such issues. =/

OCE don’t matter to them so don’t expect anything.