Since Arms warriors don’t really have a self heal

Defensive cooldowns such disarm and spell reflect should be lowered.

4 Likes

We should have like 15 different abilities that they ripped from us and gave to other classes or just made them spec specific because the dev team get salty when a Warrior steamrolls their precious Rogue because of gear level.

Getting up to over 405 iLvl where Deep Wounds can start making some use from Mastery to the point of not being literally a worthless stat still doesn’t change the fact that we’re the worst class in the game by leaps and bounds.

12 Likes

This is not a thing. Whatever you’re saying.

6 Likes

Drez you’re popular.
Can you do something about arms heals.

Maybe Disarm. Not Spell Reflect, it’s already on a 25 second cooldown.

1 Like

That term is so variable. You should meet my biggest fans.

7 Likes

Im a pretty big fan actually. Youre one of the reasons I stick around the boards and dont completely drop warrior for monk

There we go

14 Likes

Arms should have synergistic debuffs and ability usage… you know the class/spec fantasy of setting up the opponent and then dropping a coup de grace.

I think about GW1 where a warrior stacks up certain bleed affects and then “cashes” it to consume all the DoT damage into one hit.

Arms = Fencer (Chess Master but with a sword)
Fury= Zerker Glass Cannon (high risk, high reward always on the edge of death)

6 Likes

Ret Paladins get one of their biggest PvP drawbacks (Freedom being dispellable) removed in 8.2, but apparently Arms Warriors being trash without a healer and almost on par with other melee specs with one is still considered solid game design at Blizzard HQ.

We could all just do what Blizzard very clearly wants us to do - shelve our outdated Warriors and re-roll Rogues, the melee class that’s FOTM every expansion and sidesteps Class Pruning everytime.

10 Likes

Or. Make friends with TWO healers! Hah! This is the best idea!

4 Likes

In vanillia the arms talent build sunder armor was great with execute… and disarm WAS baseline.

I try not to think about it because it really does hurt my feelings. Because whenever arms is on the rise, it just gets brought so miserably low again.

1 Like

And they should be baseline.

No really… Going with OP’s idea i think would take some steps to solving a lot of our problems.

If they aren’t going to give us self healing then we should get tailored defensives and abilities to our class fantasy:

Fine. If we’re the plate wearers with no magical ability to self regenerate then we should be able to not only deal very threatening damage but also have an answer for every hybrid and ranged class in the game.

• Lower cd on spell reflect.
  • Lower cd on disarm.
  • Give us a damage mitigation 50% equivalent to ignore pain and make it work against both physical and magical damage.
  • Lower cd on DTBS
  • Buff Heroic Throw to give it a 15% healing reduction for 8sec + Deep Wounds + Hamstring
  • Give back disrupting shout
  • Make Stormbolt Baseline
  • Make Double Time Baseline

If we dont get self healinf, fine… but we should be very much a pain in the a$$ to both deal with and kill.

11 Likes

Who remembers when arms warriors were the absolute counter to rogues and warlock?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

8 Likes

Agreed. I quit my warrior in disgust after the changes in 8.0 because the current fury build is basically rolling your butt across the keyboard - seems designed for an autistic child…

And arms? Well you probably do more DPS and are more competitive in PVP as prot…

1 Like

Yeah LOL i did go prot.

Im fury or arms but it seems in both $hit expacs i go back to it, so its only been WOD & BFA so far, that should say something :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ya’ll acting like Second Wind doesn’t exist and that it doesn’t work in combat (it does…).

Literally one of the best self-heals in the game… :thinking:

1 Like

I mean, no one is denying their existence. Just they suck.

Yeah but that 5 sec start up just sucks for PvP.

4 Likes