Sin rogue aoe. How?

I just might be a bad rogue. I used to average 23k at 436 ilevel. I realized it was ridiculous so I’m now trying as sin. I’m not much better but I find the rotation to be more fun. I seem to struggle in aoe though, where I average 20k dps. I think I should be doing 30k in those situations instead. So I’m looking for some tips on how to improve this.

What I normally do is start with fan of knives and then I rotate across targets to poison them with Rupture or Envenom. Rinse and repeat.

Is that how I should be doing it?

@436 ilvl you should be pulling A LOT more dps than 23k.

2-3x shrouded suffocation, talent into subterfuge, open w/ garroting 3 enemies with the empowered garrote, apply rupture, FoK, envenom dump or apply more ruptures on multiple targets depending on health. Profit.

I pulled 23k in AoE at 410. At 421 I’m pulling over 70k in +7/8’s and that’s without the gimmicky focusing iris. I sustain ~40k w/ unbridled pots during boss fights (2 mins) and 30-35k w/o it or on longer fights. I can only imagine what I would be able to pull once I get higher in ilvl, but at this rate I’m just happy where I am until next patch hits in ~2/3 weeks.

6 Likes

:point_up_2: :+1:

1 Like

The previous advice is solid, but I’ll add that you should also take a look at your stat distribution. Unless something has changed in the last ~2 months while I’ve been on a break, your haste seems a bit low. I’d implement the advice you were given and sim your stat weights then go from there.

Echoing Blades is a different build if you’re not having luck getting the Shrouded Suff traits. I’ll usually use garrote as an opener then fan of knives to 5 points then rupture before changing target and rinse repeat.

2 Likes

This is a good point. Generally you want at least 1 SS for the extra CP, and if you’re running M+ it’ll be worth having at least 1 EB. Whether you want to stack SS/TtK/DD or EB would come down to whether you want to focus more on trash damage or cleave/ST.

Edit to add:

Nothing Personal would also be a good trait for pure ST.

2 Likes

Aye, as others have said, at least 1 shrouded suffocation trait for the extra combo points on Garrote from stealth.

Stealth —-> garrote x3 different targets, Rupture, FoK to 5 CP —-> Rupture, FoK to 5 CP and Rupture one more time.

3 Ruptures will give you max amount of energy back (forget the name of the Assassination passive but it gives you energy each time rupture ticks if your target is afflicted with your poison, which they will/should be).

After that, I’ll use mutilate on 2x targets and FoK on 3+ and drop on Envenoms there on out.

I like to use Focusing Iris essence on packs on an energy lull or when waiting to pool energy for a Toxic Blade + Envenom + Muti x2 + Envenom again.

When playing with Elaborate Planning talent, you can increase your DPS quite a bit if you plan ahead and pool your energy so you can get a couple finishers off back to back

Edit: also don’t be afraid to use your big Cooldowns on trash. Vendetta has a 3 minute cool down and vanish a 2 minute. You can usually pop those both within the first couple pulls and they’ll usually be up before you reach the boss :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haste is good for raid. You want to stack crit for Mythic +s

1 Like

Fan of knives, and then toss the ruptures on each mob when you hit 5? That’s what I had always done and it worked.

I run
1x shroud
3x echoing

As much crit as I can get my hands on and I am a aoe monster. I pulled 100k today in freehold.

You bleed 4 enemies, rupture, fan 5x cbp, rupture then fan and envenome your heart out until your bleeds almost fall off.

I usually fan of knives and 5 combo rupture everything and get a few poison bomb procs and do quite a lot of dps