Sin rogue 9.1 - change summary

Not true, look at MOP - Legion. I say legion too because ilvl was pretty irrelevant in arena lol. Make an alt get it to 110 and play.

Stop capping. You could bring your raid gear into past xpacs (before mop) into arena for a glass cannon play style. Though there were items specific items during a season that were a must get. For example Death Bringers will, or Warglaives. You would use those items with your pvp gear on. Using your entire pve set was optional, and was only best in niche comps. For the most part everyone used pvp gear, idk where you got that idea from tbh.

I think people wouldn’t mind doing PvE if you needed 1 piece, but having to get 5 domination sockets sounds sleeper. It’s crazy how they don’t even add a pvp equivalent when they nerfed our entire set of gear in any other content.

5 Likes

In 9.0 they did which is why the change to pvp gear is happening.

False.

I’m not talking about full pve sets :man_facepalming:t3:

Adding pvp sockets doesn’t even make sense.

But it makes sense to farm domination sockets in pve to bring into pvp? Where’s the sense in that?

Dom sockets come from the new raid.

If you participate in all aspects of the game you should have an advantage over people who don’t.

This is basic mmo/rpg gameplay.

1 Like

Ahhh, so were bringing out the “but me rpg” argument lol. I can promise you that no one does arena for the gearing/rpg element. That’s your end game not mine.

Good thing as a pvper your at a disadvantage from the get go. Goodluck getting into raid groups with a full set of nerfed pvp gear lol.

If you want this game play cross over, whatever. I just don’t think it should be stupidly one-sided. As a pvper what do you bring to the next raid other than a nerf set of gear? But you can mindlessly kill a boss and be bis in both versions of the game? Sounds :billed_cap:

Pretty much this.

2 Likes

If you play this game just for pvp then you’re knowingly accepting their loot decisions.

Are you new to the game? Most expansions had bis pvp pieces in the raids even BFA. Usually trinkets or weapons.

It’s called form your own raid or play more than one dimension of the game.

I personally don’t think pvp gear should be nerfed. That’s the pve only crowd crying about it.

You also won’t be full bis in pve gear. You still need a pvp trinket and then there’s the two set bonus.

Certain classes also have bis in pvp gear they are required to get to be bis. Fire mage is a prime example.

The game rewards people who play more of it.

Yeah you’re delusional. Can’t wait for next season to be more dead than this one :smiley: If you think boosting is bad now just wait.

1 Like

Not at all. I have a friend that forms a heroic pug literally every Wednesday.

I did it in Cata with a pvp guild. We went in for the sole purpose of getting the broken pvp weapons and trinkets.

You’re seriously just making excuses.

That’s facts.

I told you Assassination was going to be king of kings in PVP and Sub in PVE will rise. Actually all three Rogue specs in patch 9.1 are looking fabulous!

I am surprised there isn’t more QQ coming from other classes regarding the Feint buff. Flying under the radar!

:surfing_woman::surfing_man:

Did you see the Kyrian sub Sims?

I really hope Sub PvP is viable, because if Sin is the same level of slow it was in BfA and Sub isn’t working out, I might have to reroll

This iteration of Sub had its problems for sure, but it was a lot of fun to play compared to Sin in BfA I think

1 Like

Sin will be better than sub.

Sub is limited to double dps twos and rmx

1 Like

True, and maybe there will be a little more depth to it this time around?

Idk I enjoyed a burst meta personally but maybe the rot will still be fun

I’m knowingly unsubbing.

Why did you quit your rogue?

Thats your choice.

My mythic guild fell apart and trying to find a guild that had room for a melee dps and ranged dps on their roster was difficult. Now I normally rotate playing rogue/mage/lock anyways depending on team needs

1 Like

I mean, that’s kind of the point of the quoted block–it would be Blizzard’s decisions driving those subsequent “choices”. I think there’s some good and bad with the design. I’ve honestly just had more fun playing other games the past few months and can’t justify WoW when it’s as exclusive as it is. The core being, I don’t accept their loot decisions and it’s not a reality to just “put up or shut up”.

Sorry to hear about your guild. It always hurts to hear stories like that. You seem to be a solid player, so I’m sure it doesn’t matter what you’re on, other than the glaring class/build imbalances. I hope you have a good time in 9.1 and your current guild has the best of luck.

I can understand that frustration, I can imagine it being a nightmare to try and make everyone happy from a Dev standpoint. I wish they would just make the TR realms open again.

Sadly it happens, I have a really crappy work schedule due to not having an actual end time and on call every third week. my guild is currently talking about making their times earlier and if t hat happens I will be on the hunt again lol

1 Like