Sin Garrote Silence Gone?

I thought that Garrote had silence baked in. This doesn’t appear to be case in spite of the tool tip. Can anyone else verify that Garrote no longer silences targets from stealth without the Iron Wire talent?

3 Likes

Confirmed.

4 Likes

It looks like it works in PvE but not in PvP for me….

Odd….

2 Likes

That is strange. I’ve been trying it on PVE mobs to see if I can interrupt their spell cast while stealthed and can’t get it to work.

1 Like

It’s in the talent tree: Iron Wire

2 Likes

As Fyrstaries says, it is in the tool tip/ability notes that Garrote still silences from stealth, but it no longer does unless the talent is used.

Blizzard needs to remove that data from the tool tip OR change the talent.

2 Likes

There’s a LOT they need to do with the tooltips. A lot dont reflect what they actually do. Like cheap shot, doesnt say at all whatsoever it cant be blocked/dodged/parried, yet it doesnt say that at all in its tooltip. Abilities not showing the actual damage they do because they constantly hotfix and apply changes and say “we’ll update the tooltip later” but later never comes. I almost feel like i need to get me an addon that lets me modify tooltips myself if one is even available to do so

1 Like

Yes, but the tooltip for Garrote says that it still silences from stealth. It does not.

3 Likes