Simming echo of the elements and master of the elements

My current Azerite and talent setup of earthen rage and storm elemental produces an 81k sim which translates well to single target fights, however falls very flat on dungeon trash outside of cool downs, resulting in low overall damage.

Majority of elemental shamans I see doing well on overall damage when I’m healing have been running echo and master of the elements. For me even with 3 igneous potential traits I sim less than my current setup with a single IP and 3 natural harmony traits.

Is there a sweet spot for secondaries and traits at which echo and master take over on sims?

Wow. You do sim high. Especially for 468 ilvl. Seems all that crit negates any kind of LvB build. Makes me want to play around with my stats and traits a little more. I would think you would do well on trash with that build too though.

It’s your secondaries.

Crit does nothing for LvB and you have 50% crit. So a LB build is going to be super strong.

IP EotE MotE build favors versatility.

The amount of secondary stats you have will dictate the better build. This is why we say sim your gear often.

You are also running the crit m+ build without the essences. A very good build that I am currently trying to get the gear/essences for. +30% crit. +20% haste. +10 versatility then stack crit to the sun as close to 50% then add in more vers. All corruptions should be +CS dmg or +crit.

I imagine your dmg would be even better if you could fund triple HoD and triple NH.

You maybe at a point in your current build that stacking vers or dare I say mastery may be more advantageous.

You should sim what an ELBL UP talent change would do for your dmg. Or even a ELBL SoP UP talent change. It’s more complex and I really enjoy it.

Just keep an eye on stacking Shard essence with SE during Hero. You actually will haste cap out.

I had some success and was dabbling with offsetting Shard first then SE during Hero and then they line up again after CD. Was trying to get enough logs to make a claim. However real life happened and my play time has drop significantly.

Got to say would.love to give what you got a test run.

whats the difference between striketrhough and versa?

Strike through only effects crit dmg whereas versatility effects all dmg.

OP only has one strike through and a bunch of % crit.

Even if he put strike through on the remaining pieces of uncorrupted gear his vers is still only 5% and mastery is 40%. With NH buffs and a couple more HoD mastery would be well over 50% and versatility only 8-9%. ELBL+SoP+UP all day in raids. Sitting on 60-80% haste looking like a freaking sith Lord

Why would you ever get sthru over versa

Like I said it is a popular build for m+. barokoshama even has a vid on it and the potential dmg it can produce. Im not saying it is what anyone should be running in m+ or raids. Im just saying it has potential.

I’m just asking why there’s even a +crit damage corruption if theres a corruption that increases all damage anyway.

Am I missing something or does +10% crit damage and +10% flat damage not do the same thing for crit dam

[Blood of the Enemy]
The Heart of Azeroth erupts violently, dealing 18094 Shadow damage to enemies within 12 yds. You gain 25% critical strike chance against the targets for 10 sec, and increases your critical hit damage by 25% for 5 sec.

[Elemental Fury]
Your damaging critical strikes deal 250% damage instead of the usual 200%.

4% additional critical damage up front vs 12% additional vers from sources, which may only add an additional .5%-X% depending on your gear, are very different.

ok nvm talking or asking you about anything

Thank you this makes sense to me now, albeit I have 66% versa in my amp gear

As I understand it %vers is great for anyone doing rated pvp outside of gushing builds but I think the overall flexibility of crit/strikethrough/haste is better overall for a blend of PvE as elemental. Corruption to me is honestly one of the worst systems they’ve ever implemented and I could care less to min/max them myself on specs that want a mix of things but that’s beside the point.

As far as OP goes, I’m almost certain everyone that can flip their Azerite into NH/HoD and maybe an AR has SE/PE VoP simming much higher than MOTE build.

1 Like

So much this. Though this high crit build is very appealing to me and I would love to give it a whirl.

sadly all I have are gushings and %versa