Silenced Players Can’t Apply to Groups?

This thread is Talk-Sick

That poor, poor Blizzard employee.

1 Like

I wonder how many people saying this is a bad thing have been muted multiple before

1 Like

Good! Hope that pushes out leavers

snowflakes on twitter are twokesic af.

1 Like

So people who are in Guilds doing Guild runs - which includes the Top Tier Guilds with full rosters - are still able to be as toxic as they want to and Play the game, but us peasants who Pug get the Heavy Handed Punishment and our Playtime is assaulted.

Sounds awful. Which is par for the course lately with Blizzard.

I don’t understand your complaint.

Are you saying you are upset your punishment from a silence will have greater ramifications than you just berating someone and not being able to chat?

As for guilds being toxic, if guilds are legitimately toxic but keep it insular and don’t spread it to other players, what’s the problem? Plenty of guilds have some bad attitudes, but normally its kept to guild and has ramifications if these people are overly toxic.

if a “toxic” guild says your bad, well that happens. if they all start whispering you calling you legitimate trash then report away because odds are others have reported them.

2 Likes

Actually, with these new rules, those Guilds can continue to be toxic to anyone and everyone in every chat channel and on the Forums - to other people - at their leisure, and they will not be effected. They can still form their Guild Raid. Even if they were silenced for being rude to other folks outside their Guild.

All this change does is give additional punishments to people who Pug. Which seems a very unfair thing to add to the game.

It is basically saying: “If you want to be toxic and play the game, just join a guild, and you can be rude all day to other players without additional punishments. But if you Pug, you get punished more.”

As an example :

Joe is in a CE Guild with a full roster.

Beau is a random pugger.

They see a comment in Trade chat, and they both make the same joke, and they both get silenced.

Joe shrugs it off and raids with no impact, because he is in a Guild.

Beau can’t pug - and can’t raid - until the silence is over.

It is pretty disgusting to have that kind of split for the effect of punishments over the Playerbase.

As I am sitting here gathering a list of links and quotes for Mr Leafblight, why bother, he’s already discounted Blue posts as lies. Why should my list of links and quotes should be treated differently than the Blue posts about Report abuse.

Leafblight already made up his mind, he’s gonna say I’m lying too no matter if I post anything or not.

2 Likes

which part of the punishment prevented Beau from joining a guild?

Yes you can still do that, but if they did want to Pug anyone they would have difficulty doing so if repeated behavior led to silences. You need to PUG your last minute key? Nope. Missed heroic raid and need to PUG? Nope.

The silence system was never full proof because of exactly what you just told me, but it will provide at least a great impact on gameplay of players who choose to go over the top.

So is it a perfect solution? Of course not, but odds are if you aren’t actively being a pos then you won’t get silenced. Also, I have never encountered the issue of getting false reported by a guild in a raid/dungeon, they just kick you after making fun. If it’s bad enough, report, otherwise move on.

If fake reports do happen appeal and hope it’s done promptly and the false reports get severe punishment.

Yes, I agree people who PUG more will be more impacted in this regard. However, if both players made a comment bad enough to warrant a silence I don’t really see the problem.

Sure, Beau had to PUG and so is effectively locked out of the game as opposed to Joe, but both did make the mistake to such an extent to warrant a silence on their account.

Whether or not you have the means to not need the LFG tool is largely irrelevant. If you make the mistake of making a racially charged joke (just assuming that’s what the joke is about) you lose the privilege to use the Blizzard features.

1 Like

That’s my point. Blizzard is saying if you want to be toxic and play, join a guild. But only players who use the Pug systems are effected. There are alot of players who seldom if ever use that, because they have enough folks in their guilds or friends lists.

I do not like that Blizzard wants to punish one subset of Players and effectively remove their ability to play, while others can do the same offense, and still have their play unaffected, purely because they have a Guild.

If Blizzard thinks punishing solo players, and making Guilds immune to punishments, is a good thing, I disagree. I see it as grossly unfair to one segment, and benign to another, even if they do the same offense.

It is a two tiered justice system.

i think you’re missing the point. they’re allowing players who were naughty to continue playing with the people who think their edgy humor is funny, while sparing the general public from being subjected to it

1 Like

No, it is clear Blizzard wants to give organized Guild runs a way to keep going, so they can do what ever they like, and not be punished. While crushing solo players and players who don’t have time for organized raiding under their boot.

If they made a blanket and more fair playtime suspension for all, or a debuff for all that prevented joining any groups, at least its fair. But then that could effect world first races and placement in the Hall of Fame, if a key player gets silenced.

So they just roll it out over the pedestrian plebian puggers.

It is blatantly and grossly unfair and lopsided to those who Pug. While those who are in organized Guilds are not effected.

That’s not what he said. The report gets reviewed. This has nothing to do with any appeal process. If nothing is done the squelch ends. If they decide you have earned a silence, they apply it.

Then you can appeal.

1 Like

weird, because a while back, a bunch of classic players were grabbing their pitchforks because they were outraged about being actioned for abusing the report function.

…but i’m sure that was just a bunch of blizzard employees just trying to stir the pot. :roll_eyes:

again, a review is something which needs to be asked for.
reports are assessed, a silence is applied.
a silence is not REVIEWED unless the player requests it.

when masses of reports come in, it always seems to be looked at very quickly.
nobody is going to feel bad about people being silenced in a hurry when it’s needed.

reports are VIEWED by a human.
the action is not REviewed unless requested.

what new rules?

1 Like

The “muh free speech” people feel bad about people being silenced no matter how heinous their behavior.

1 Like

:joy:

it’s about time they learn what those words mean, and when and how it applies.

1 Like

The only people I would actually feel bad for are the ones who had a system abused against them. Since I don’t have the stats on how often this occurs (I would like to see them though) this seems like a welcome change

1 Like