Silence False Flaggers

They do, they just won’t. It’s easy. Bring back the dv button. That’ll curb some of the rabid reporting.

Then punish those who report falsely with a time-out. There’s not that many of them so it shouldn’t be too hard, just take some time.

2 Likes

Welcome to censorship.

Btw, I saw a couple of those threads. I found them funny at first, then they went strange.
Now I’m sorry because they keep popping up in my unread feed.

I think down vote did serve a purpose until smurf accounts took over it where it was easily persuade to jump on the bandwagon. Some threads deserves the down votes where others it’s kind of obvious who is trolling on the down vote side.

Ugh bleh just looking at this makes me frown. Censorship for adults? Then what’s the point of growing up? I thought censorship was for kids, but age rating for games don’t matter anymore. Ugh “barf” so much regressing on silly stuff.

3 Likes

There was a thread about 2 - 3 weeks ago, where the OP was cussing up a storm, topic was something about being bullied on the forums because the original post was the beginning of a joke but some barged in and started jumping the OP about a particular word being used.

Anyway, a poster commented that they’d flag OP but they had run out of flags and another poster said something like “I got your back, I’ll do it” and OP got flagged.

I found that whole thing to be kind of creepy.

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder if Blizzard would like to just get rid of these forums.
But yeah, I take that as censorship because there’s no communication, too vague rules, so on.

2 Likes

PvP problems require PvP solutions so we should make a right wing group to flag all the leftists. It’s what the game rules call for since it’s PvP.

1 Like

and sadly mods tend to cave into that giving them the edge than realizing they’re false reporting. Common sense even within that department like I understand follow rules, but please call out when something fishy is going on. Old mods before all this nonsense in this era occur usually does that. Times change, but for the worst and lazy way.

I think they’ve gone extremely lazy hence why they rely on a bot now than do it themselves. Now it’s harder to make appeals because even within the department they don’t care who is right or wrong. “As long there’s peace on the forums” that’s all that matters to them, but 9/10 the false flag people are safe.

1 Like

I posted a lighthearted thread about corruption earlier and some random dude posted something like “if only your mom was fun”. I reported him and I think most reasonable people would agree stuff like that is report worthy.

1 Like

would you prefer the mass downvote system we had before?

Sometimes the insults pile on, it’s disheartening but I’m different, I’d never report anyone for an insult.

Instead, I say something snotty but ultimately polite and since this is font, it’s not always easy to tell what’s really being said.
Then I usually just leave.
Doesn’t always make sense when I do that, but it makes me feel better and leaves them wondering, which serves them right.

I agree with Keyturn above. No one should be reported unless it’s a real life threat to self or others or it’s spam and spam is an automatic removal so that doesn’t necessarily need reporting.

I miss old school chat rooms sometimes.

1 Like

I would. They need to increase the number of downvotes before the post fades out, though.

Massively increase it.

@Brutalistica, +1. I ran out of likes.

1 Like

You think false flagging is bad now, give them thumbs down paired with the ability to nail you on every single one of their characters as it so stands now. They need to reconsider this overhaul as a whole. The fact that people have been caught literally having conversations with themselves on multiple toons is just too cringe for me.

Don’t they have the ability to restrict flagging? Narrow it down to more realistic reasons for flagging?

And dv’ing could be done similarly? Idk, I’m not tech savvy but there’s got to be a more practical way of doing this.

Hasn’t happened so far. I know I had one reversed when I pointed out that the flags came from one person with a hate on for me. They can like their own posts, flag on every toon and heck even be here for some who haven’t paid in months now for some reason.

I’m with you OP. Not surprised to see you were falsely flagged. Sigh.

The absolute state of people.

4 Likes

To a certain extent like that phrase is just meh, but if it was something vulgar or something ridiculing over your opinion then yes. I try to hold back, but obviously these false reporters like to attack because they don’t like your opinion and you not agreeing with them.

This behavior started to grow during around early 2010s to mid which got aggressive around then. I remember when 2016 Overwatch came out was the start of this toxic mess, but worst during 2018 which I call The False Report Saga to the point appeals for the innocent don’t matter.

It used to be threads just get locked or whatever, but now a silence and what’s worst is that they call it a warning when before it used to be called a penalty.

The False Report Saga. I like that.
But yeah, it’s still meaningless to appeal. The lesson to take away from the saga is flag early flag often.

Which I’m sure is exactly what they were going for…

1 Like

Some of them do, definitely. That’s not right though.

I have nothing against disagreements and civil discourse, but I will report tasteless insults and personal attacks.

3 Likes

Another thing I like to add is that this is by far the best forum or message board experience to be had on the Internets. I’ve been in some places where the mods do play favorites and will ride roughshod on those who are culturally out of line. I just wish that we would all be much more respectful of the good thing we got going theoretically. We really need to police ourselves.

I think a requirement to be a mod on mmo-champ is to hate America.

Until there are actually consequences people are still going to treat the flag as their dislike button

I tend to be bombastic at times. I’ve never had a post silenced. Just hypothetically speaking of course vacations for pointing out how worthless the MVP program is.

1 Like