Silence False Flaggers

Well the OP and another one of your posts further up Lejk show that indeed false flagging exists. We already know they don’t do anything about it.

Goad GD into false flagging. Gets false flagged. Well played.

i came to flag, but i was too late :confused:

1 Like

The OP is a known troll and repeat false-flagger themselves. This is just a bait thread.

5 Likes

Maybe the thread is an attempt at plausible deniability lmao. “Look mods, I couldn’t have possibly been false flagging, look at this nice post I made about how bad it is!”

1 Like

When they first decided to crack down on forum behavior, false flagging became a big problem. This was back right after they removed the DISLIKE button.

A lot of posters were openly saying that they were reporting everyone who disagreed with them or who dared to post in their threads, and encouraging others to make false reports, too.

At that time they announced that the penalty for false reporting would be in game suspension. I think some of those trolls got suspended. In any case, that issue disappeared.

Now it’s back, but apparently they aren’t dealing with false flagging anymore.

1 Like

I am not too sure I see it OP, I have been on the wow forums for almost 10 years and all honesty I haven’t seen a post of mine buried that didn’t deserve to be, sometimes I might have been having just a bad day and I know realistically on those days I should be avoiding the wow forum, and really should be at church praying tbh

I don’t dig that they openly lie to me and tell me they’re doing something/anything about it when, clearly, they’re not.

2 Likes

I have absolutely no idea why TC has been mass flagged… kinda feel like you are proving their point here.

This is entirely factual, in fact it happened to both Metrohaha and myself about a month ago, the former even turning out to actually be a real deal Discord community coordinated effort from one of the Monk community groups.

False flagging is absolutely a real issue on these forums, everything TC stated in the quote is absolutely true and the way his post has been false flagged to oblivion just proves the point they are trying to make.

Indeed, I have personally seen a few threads purposefully derailed/shutdown with false flag abuse and the way Blizzard handles is honestly frustrates me to no end.

To put it this way…

This thread of mine got a Blue Response and locked for my opinion on employee positions in Blizzard. Never called for anyone to be fired, never asked for anyone to leave the company, just questioned leadership.

(Also, I know this is borderline discussion of moderation but it’s kinda needed to make an example. If that means I get auctioned for this post, I get it and brought it upon myself. However its kind of a basis to a point I am making in terms of how False Flagging is handled and has seemingly gotten no real response from Blizzard even though its been much more harmful than a lot of things and goes against the whole idea of discussion forums. I am sure just admission of this point is going to get this post flagged.)

However threads where people are actively BRAGGING about abusing the false flagging system/quietly abusing it are constantly re-opened and re-automatically closed and you never see a single blue post discussing the False Flagging epidemic.

Heck, we got a Blue post when ban waves went out in WoW for people editing textures to give their character better bikinis! We got a BLUE POST saying “We just had a ban wave” and yet in the threads where false flagging runs rampant, where people literally in their posts BRAG about abusing the flagging system the most that happens is the falsely flagged post gets unflagged and MAYBE the people bragging about false flagging get their post removed and maybe a vacation.

When are we going to get statements? When are Blues going to finally take a stand in one of those threads, lay down the law, and publicly state “We just sent a number of posters on vacation for abusing the flagging system. Don’t do it, we are monitoring those who abuse the system!”

You are telling me that my post, questioning the leadership at Blizzard is worth getting closed and a Blue response but people who are literally out there to disrupt the DISCUSSION FORUMS are just dealt with quietly?

I have been very vocal about my distaste over how bad False Flagging is, and I know these forums were not built by Blizzard and that Kaivax and Bornakk and the others must be frustrated also, I doubt any of them want these systems abused, but why is this situation being kept so quiet? Why are examples, without naming names, being made like how Blizzard does with situations like the Texture Editor bans or Botters? Why are those who abuse the flagging system not being treated the same way?

Its frustrating, ya know.

PS: That guild name, TC… /narrows eyes

If a thread gets enough flags it will auto-lock for 24 hours -or- until it can be reviewed. The High Elf supporters have had to deal with this quite a lot, along with a lot of other threads.

5 Likes

With the OP. it sure looks like it has been getting little sticky to really believe anymore. They (used to) make decent points and express logical concerns. Unfortunately - he also has been proudly and openly harassing and trying to derail threads, more so with this “anti vulpera” crusade they are doing.

Sadly, for me, was nice to see their constructive criticism at first and bit of goofy forum RP. Now, everything he; the OP has and will continue to post. WIll only be seen as the tale of “Boy who cried Wolf.” Sad if they are getting hit with false flagging. We all eventually reap what we sow, and some of us have sowed a lot.

1 Like

It’s just another issue with these broken forums that discourse obviously has no intention of fixing.

There was a poster who didn’t like my comments on a thread (and i wasn’t even bombastic). They stated i reported him on all my alts. And suggestes others do the same

Alright exhibit A right here folks. This is just one of the many individuals from a certain group (sethrak discord) who are constantly harassing and false flagging myself and others.

Exhibit B.

There is a limit. I posted where I was in a thread where a poster said they’d flag OP but they’d run out, then someone else said they’d do it for them.

That was creepy.

It isn’t any different then before really. The forum tends to breed cliques that push forward topics that they see as supporting their own interests. My advice would be just to ignore it.

OP, it’s quite possible your posts were flagged because of your constant trolling, rather than a single person trying to censor you.

2 Likes

There was a poster, a very funny and entertaining poster named Triplexx who used to make threads about his “Great Hunting Adventures” with Pandas.

He’d pick on the pandas and say he was hunting them. Since it’s a made up race and since he was very funny, he got a lot of likes so made a few more of those kinds of threads.

Then he just up and disappeared. Now I’m wondering why.

Anyway, maybe the OP was trying to make an entertaining thread about vulpera?
It’s a made up race, like pandas, elves, etc… I like to give people the benefit of the doubt before I make up my mind.

1 Like

I provided proof that you false flagged me. I wonder where yours is…?

Mind responding to the allegation rather than just pretending it doesn’t exist by the way?

1 Like

To be fair, no you didn’t. You posted a picture showing your flagged post being restored.

1 Like

They should never have removed the dislike button.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be so bad if there weren’t so many threads, though, to be fair, the same problem (too many (duplicate) threads) happens with other topics.

While I do see the pattern of the OP’s posting as being damn close to trolling, each post I’ve seen stays within the CoC.

1 Like