Signs of Apathy

I’ve been noticing this more since the Quarantine. Even I am feeling it more.

Have you ever moved house and experienced the feeling of sleeping in what will be your home for a couple of days longer, now almost empty but for packing crates?

Being in limbo is unsettling, and the changes to society right now are bound to make many feel this way. It will make some angry, some depressed, some will lack motivation to carry out usual tasks, some will go into grieving mode and some won’t be affected at all.

Best think to do, if not too badly affected, is tell yourself this is an adventure. Spoil yourself in the morning, starting the day with something that makes you happy, then get necessary tasks done.

Good luck. You might feel alone, but we’re all in this together.

3 Likes

I feel like most people are less absorbed by there everyday and emotionally everyones 10x more available to make up for this social distancing thing.

Shrug I’m actually not having a bad time lol.

My feelings have been going away. Like love or lust or liking people. (Maybe those aren’t all three similar to some people but oh well) I’m a bad person so maybe it’s a good thing. Or maybe not and not. Wonder what will happen.

I’m not a social animal and I spent all of my time alone, the only time I had any contact with other people is when I’m in work, but even then this social distancing is affecting me in a weird way. I’m just so lazy to do anything at all, my laptop is right beside my bed but other than that I have to push myself really hard just to get up and go to the bathroom. Meanwhile my dishes has been sitting in the sink for two weeks now and it’s full of mold I can’t deal with it, need to purify it by fire.

Update: I’m fairly certain that my kitchen is full of molds and roaches by now, I’m too afraid to go out and I’m running out of food please send help.

Just consider it a phase. It will all pass.